Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Variable assignment for file names. Post 36478 by jagannatha on Thursday 29th of May 2003 04:38:03 PM
Old 05-29-2003
Perfect!!!

Boy some times the obvious is to easy.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk variable assignment in a file

Hi All, I have a little awk script which uses a variable (x): awk -v x=0 'NF != 6 { ++x } END { print "This batch had " x " errors out of ", NR" records"}' But when I've tried to put the command in a file I can't seem to declare the variable. I've managed to simplify the code so that I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Names in a Variable in a loop

Hi All , I am having confusion in a shell script. Please guide me. I need to get multiple files (number of files vary time to time, file names are separated by '|') using FTP get from the remote server. Actually, i call the FTP function in a loop. At the last step, i need to move all the get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace variable names in text file with its value

Hi I have a text file (mytext.txt), the content of which is as following: My name is <@MY_NAME@> and my age is <@MY_AGE@> . Now i have another property file (myprops) which is as following: MY_NAME=abcdefgh MY_AGE=000000 I was wondering, how can i replace the tags of mytext.txt, with its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vigithvg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

set a variable to be a list of file names

Hi all, I am trying to get a list of all the .tif images in my folder and set a variable that holds all the file names using C shell. What is the best way to do it? any help would be greatly appreciated. Yang (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lionheartyoung
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign file names to array variable?

I wish to assign file names with particular extention to array variables. For example if there are 5 files with .dat extention in /home/sam then i have to assign these 5 files to an array. plz help me how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
4 Replies

6. Programming

FORTRAN: Loop over variable file names

Hi guys I'm a beginner in fortran. So excuse me for my naivety, let me briefly describe what I was trying to do. I have let's say 2 files named reac-1 and reac-2. After opening these files I've to do some calculations, close these files and open the same files again in a loop. So my faulty code... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] printing value of a variable assignment from a file

Heyas Me try to print only the value of a (specific) variable assignment from a file. What i get (1): :) tui $ bin/tui-conf-get ~/.tui_rc TUI_THEME dot-blue "" "$TUI_DIR_INSTALL_ROOT/usr" "$TUI_DIR_INSTALL_ROOT/etc/tui" "$TUI_PREFIX/share/doc/tui" "$TUI_PREFIX/share/tui"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matching file in bash with variable file names but consisent prefixs

As part of a bash the below line strips off a numerical prefix from directory 1 to search for in directory 2. for file in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/missing/*.txt do file1=${file##*/} # Strip off directory getprefix=${file1%%_*.txt} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract file names from file and set variable to 'highest' one

HI Folks - I have a requirement where I need to scan a text file for a list of files. The file, we'll called it, files.txt looks like such: inbox/EBS/Client_GL_Detail_PBCS_112517_SEP2017.txt inbox/EBS/Client_GL_Detail_PBCS_112617_NOV2017.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
9 Replies
libcurl(3)						      libcurl easy interface							libcurl(3)

NAME
libcurl-easy - easy interface overview DESCRIPTION
When using libcurl's "easy" interface you init your session and get a handle (often referred to as an "easy handle"), which you use as input to the easy interface functions you use. Use curl_easy_init(3) to get the handle. You continue by setting all the options you want in the upcoming transfer, the most important among them is the URL itself (you can't transfer anything without a specified URL as you may have figured out yourself). You might want to set some callbacks as well that will be called from the library when data is available etc. curl_easy_setopt(3) is used for all this. When all is setup, you tell libcurl to perform the transfer using curl_easy_perform(3). It will then do the entire operation and won't return until it is done (successfully or not). After the transfer has been made, you can set new options and make another transfer, or if you're done, cleanup the session by calling curl_easy_cleanup(3). If you want persistent connections, you don't cleanup immediately, but instead run ahead and perform other transfers using the same easy handle. libcurl 7.10.7 12 Aug 2003 libcurl(3)