Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Moving AutoRaid array to another system Post 36444 by ranias on Thursday 29th of May 2003 08:04:25 AM
Old 05-29-2003
yes it's vgexport & vgimport

Thanks for your help in that.
Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Moving a file system to a new partition

Hi everybody. My task today is to move my file system that's 98% full to a new partition slice. I think I'm pretty sure how to do it, but I just wanted to make sure, plus it's been a while since I last did one. The Let's say I have 2 disks c0t0d0 & c0t1d0 ...the file Iwant to move is in c0t0d0s5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
7 Replies

2. Programming

C system() how to send the output to an array??

Hi, im in need if wisdom here guys... How could I store the output of commands like ping integrally directly into a array??? I'll be using system() to run the commands but how can I send the output to an array??? cuz I need to store it so that I can later copy the array's content to a buffer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jess83
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Pre-populating an array from system command output

So, here's a scenario that requires the same logic as what I'm working on: Suppose that you have a directory containing files named after users. For awk's purposes, the filename is a single field-- something parse-friendly, like john_smith. Now, let's say that I'd like to populate an array in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Output in to an Array or variable

hey guys in only new to scripting as such, but i have a problem. i want to take the output of a search i do in the command line to then be in a variable but only a certain part of the output. this this what im doing: -bash-2.05b$ ldapsearch -x '(dn:=dc)' dc|grep dc= # base... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmorey
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Moving a zone path to a new file system

Hello Gurus, I need your help with this please. I am trying to move a zone to a new directory but it keeps failing. Below is what I did and the message I get. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks zoneadm -z testzone move /rpool/testzone cannot create ZFS dataset rpool/testzone: dataset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File System and Storage Array Confusion

Hi Friends, I have a host(Suse Linux 10.4) which has 2 luns presented from 2 different arrays HP eva and xp. we are planning to migrate hp eva to 3par. When i look for physical volume i see /dev/dm-4, /dev/dm-5, /dev/dm-7and when i look for multipath -ll i see dm-8,dm-9,dm-7. So i can't confirm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna529
6 Replies
NWVOLINFO(8)							     nwvolinfo							      NWVOLINFO(8)

NAME
nwvolinfo - Diplay info on NetWare Volumes SYNOPSIS
nwvolinfo [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -v volume ] [ -N ] DESCRIPTION
nwvolinfo displays information on a NetWare Server Volume. nwvolinfo looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more informa- tion. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwvolinfo prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -v volume The volume name to be used. Defaults to 'SYS'. -N Display the information in numeric-only format for use in a pipe. AUTHORS
nwvolinfo was written by Jacek Stepniewski <cunio@gazeta.pl> based on utilities by Volker Lendecke. nwvolinfo 7/9/1996 NWVOLINFO(8)