Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Moving AutoRaid array to another system Post 36444 by ranias on Thursday 29th of May 2003 08:04:25 AM
Old 05-29-2003
yes it's vgexport & vgimport

Thanks for your help in that.
Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Moving a file system to a new partition

Hi everybody. My task today is to move my file system that's 98% full to a new partition slice. I think I'm pretty sure how to do it, but I just wanted to make sure, plus it's been a while since I last did one. The Let's say I have 2 disks c0t0d0 & c0t1d0 ...the file Iwant to move is in c0t0d0s5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
7 Replies

2. Programming

C system() how to send the output to an array??

Hi, im in need if wisdom here guys... How could I store the output of commands like ping integrally directly into a array??? I'll be using system() to run the commands but how can I send the output to an array??? cuz I need to store it so that I can later copy the array's content to a buffer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jess83
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Pre-populating an array from system command output

So, here's a scenario that requires the same logic as what I'm working on: Suppose that you have a directory containing files named after users. For awk's purposes, the filename is a single field-- something parse-friendly, like john_smith. Now, let's say that I'd like to populate an array in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Output in to an Array or variable

hey guys in only new to scripting as such, but i have a problem. i want to take the output of a search i do in the command line to then be in a variable but only a certain part of the output. this this what im doing: -bash-2.05b$ ldapsearch -x '(dn:=dc)' dc|grep dc= # base... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmorey
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Moving a zone path to a new file system

Hello Gurus, I need your help with this please. I am trying to move a zone to a new directory but it keeps failing. Below is what I did and the message I get. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks zoneadm -z testzone move /rpool/testzone cannot create ZFS dataset rpool/testzone: dataset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File System and Storage Array Confusion

Hi Friends, I have a host(Suse Linux 10.4) which has 2 luns presented from 2 different arrays HP eva and xp. we are planning to migrate hp eva to 3par. When i look for physical volume i see /dev/dm-4, /dev/dm-5, /dev/dm-7and when i look for multipath -ll i see dm-8,dm-9,dm-7. So i can't confirm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna529
6 Replies
NWFSCTRL(1)							     nwfsctrl							       NWFSCTRL(1)

NAME
nwfsctrl - Perform server command SYNOPSIS
nwfsctrl [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -p ncpfs path ] -c | -o | -[f]d nwfsctrl [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -p ncpfs path ] server command DESCRIPTION
nwfsctrl performs command on server. OPTIONS
-h With -h nwfsctrl prints a little help text. -S server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. To set the server's time, you need supervisor privileges. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwfstime prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. As you need supervisor privileges for setting the date and time, this option is probably not used very often. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -o Open bindery. -c Close bindery. -d Down fileserver. This command will complain if there are open files on server. -fd Down fileserver, regardless of opened files. load module options... Load module module with options options... on server. Program will complain if module is already loaded. unload module Unload module module from server. Program will complain if module is not loaded. mount volume Mount volume volume. dismount volume Dismount volume volume. If there are open files on volume, server displays prompt on console. You must go to the server (or telnet/xcon- sole) and hit Y or N to get beyond this point). set variable = value Set server settable variable variable to value value. open bindery Open bindery. close bindery Close bindery. enable login Enable login to file server. disable login Disable login to file server. disable tts Disable TTS. This probably does not work on Netware 4.11. enable tts Enable TTS. This probably does not work on Netware 4.11. BUGS
Other commands are not written yet (volume, clear connection ...) CREDITS
This utility was created by Petr Vandrovec (vandrove@vc.cvut.cz) and is part of ncpfs since 2.2.0.11. nwfsctrl 2/12/1999 NWFSCTRL(1)