Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script Help (sed awk)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script Help (sed awk) Post 3643 by mib on Sunday 8th of July 2001 04:58:19 AM
Old 07-08-2001
This is a perl method. And am not sure that it does what you mean exactly. Or wait untill someone post another (easiest) way to do the same.

perl -ni.copy -e 'if (/01PUN|01FAM/) { s/^./D/; s/01/02/; print; } else { print; }' InputFile

HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed/awk script

I have a file with three fields, where the first two fields are of fixed length, left justified, and right padded with spaces. The third field is truncated to the length of the data (max length 5), and possibly contains a single letter. Each field is separated by an additional space. How can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Duckman
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or an awk script should help

num desc ind code 11 hi,feather y food 121 edible,oil y food 100 meal-pack y food 010 health,prod 120 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumsup9
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed script

hi guys, perhaps you can help me again I have a file generated with the AIX-tool lparstat the looks like this: %user %sys %wait %idle physc %entc lbusy app vcsw phint ----- ---- ----- ----- ----- ----- ------ --- ---- ----- 21.8 8.8 1.8 67.6 0.17 34.1 9.4 7.22 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK/SED script help

Hi, was hoping someone may be able to help me with a script solution to move one line to another line from my log file: My log file currently looks like this: 01:21:12:383 Request 01:21:12:639 Response 01:21:12:386 Request 01:21:12:639 Response 01:21:12:389 Request 01:21:12:640 Response... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbobla
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML- Sed || Awk Bash script... Help!

Hi ! I'm working into my first bash script to make some xml modification and it's going to make me crazy lol .. so I decide to try into this forum to take some ideas from people that really know about this! This is my situation I've and xml file with a lots of positional values with another tags... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: juampal
9 Replies

6. Programming

Shell script using sed or awk

Hi, I want to read a file from the command line and remove all the spaces, tabs in it, replacing it with comma(,), and write it to a new file. can you help me out with this scenario. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhanshu12788
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with writing a awk/sed script

Hi, I thought I am getting pretty good with sed and awk, but now I dont have a way out of this question. I have a table 0.5 16 1.3 14 0.25 15 0.85 16 I want to make a column 3 which contains values that are (corresponding $2 value/sum of all $2). Please help me out here. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed script to remove strings

Below am trying to separate FA-7A:1, In output file it should display 7A 1 Command am using Gives same output as below format: 22B7 10000000c9720873 0 22B7 10000000c95d5d8b 0 22BB 10000000c97843a2 0 22BB 10000000c975adbd 0 Not showing FA ports as required format... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use of Variables in a sed/awk script

Hi, After looking at the differents post on this forum, I am convinced that I will benefit from the experience of advanced Unix user on some script I have already done for an aeronautical study. Here is one of them : Step 1 : sed -e "s/??/00/g" Base_Awk.txt > Awk_Cut_00.txt4; sed... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc_Camoc
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk script problem

Hi All I am having a file as shown below File1# modyle 1 { test jsj hhsjh 13e3 jsjjs } memP(dbg_trace) { ajjs jsjs jsjs Test(claer) { jsjs (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
7 Replies
Debian::Dependency(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Debian::Dependency(3pm)

NAME
Debian::Dependency - dependency relationship between Debian packages SYNOPSIS
# simple dependency my $d = Debian::Dependency->new( 'perl' ); # also parses a single argument my $d = Debian::Dependency->new('perl (>= 5.10)'); # dependency with a version my $d = Debian::Dependency->new( 'perl', '5.10' ); # dependency with version and relation my $d = Debian::Dependency->new( 'perl', '>=', '5.10' ); print $d->pkg; # 'perl' print $d->ver; # '5.10' # for people who like to type much my $d = Debian::Dependency->new( { pkg => 'perl', ver => '5.10' } ); # stringification print "$d" # 'perl (>= 5.10)' # 'adding' $deps = $dep1 + $dep2; $deps = $dep1 + 'foo (>= 1.23)' CLASS_METHODS new() Construnct a new instance. new( { pkg => 'package', rel => '>=', ver => '1.9' } ) If a hash reference is passed as an argument, its contents are used to initialize the object. new( [ { pkg => 'foo' }, 'bar (<= 3)' ] ); In an array reference is passed as an argument, its elements are used for constructing a dependency with alternatives. new('foo (= 42)') new('foo (= 42) | bar') If a single argument is given, the construction is passed to the "parse" constructor. new( 'foo', '1.4' ) Two arguments are interpreted as package name and version. The relation is assumed to be '>='. new( 'foo', '=', '42' ) Three arguments are interpreted as package name, relation and version. set Overrides the set method from Class::Accessor. Used to convert zero versions (for example 0 or 0.000) to void versions. parse() Takes a single string argument and parses it. Examples: perl perl (>= 5.8) libversion-perl (<< 3.4) FIELDS pkg Contains the name of the package that is depended upon rel Contains the relation of the dependency. May be any of '<<', '<=', '=', '>=' or '>>'. Default is '>='. ver Contains the version of the package the dependency is about. The value is an instance of Dpkg::Version class. If you set it to a scalar value, that is given to Dpkg::Version->new(). "rel" and "ver" are either both present or both missing. Examples print $dep->pkg; $dep->ver('3.4'); METHODS
satisfies($dep) Returns true if $dep states a dependency that is already covered by this instance. In other words, if this method returns true, any package satisfying the dependency of this instance will also satisfy $dep ($dep is redundant in dependency lists where this instance is already present). $dep can be either an instance of the Debian::Dependency class, or a plain string. my $dep = Debian::Dependency->new('foo (>= 2)'); print $dep->satisfies('foo') ? 'yes' : 'no'; # no print $dep->satisfies('bar') ? 'yes' : 'no'; # no print $dep->satisfies('foo (>= 2.1)') ? 'yes' : 'no'; # yes SEE ALSO
Debian::Dependencies AUTHOR
Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (C) 2008,2009,2010 Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-15 Debian::Dependency(3pm)