Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking DT messaging could not be started Post 36245 by amirp on Sunday 25th of May 2003 05:46:57 AM
Old 05-25-2003
DT messaging could not be started

this id the message i get with a suggestions to check those files:
/etc/src.sh
/etc/hosts
/usr/adm/inetd.sec

i have little knowledge of hoe to edit those files/

i went to the etc library and didn't found src.sh file.
what should i do?

also didn't find the inetd.sec file

In the host file i've inserted the new machine name.

tnx

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Instant Messaging App Help

I was hoping someone could assist me on a text-based instant messaging client(using UDP) I am working on. I have the network communication basics already in place but, specifically, needed some further help on the "messaging other users" and "getting a user list" functions. The server code that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AusTex
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started HP-UX

Hi People! I've just got a HP-UX system dumped on me. I've started it, followed all the install/setup questions, and everything was going ok, right upto when going into the desktop enviroment I got the message "The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started". Now I've checked the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpiuk
8 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

how do i enable messaging

hi guyz i work as a system administrator for some organization(am a newbie). one of the solaris machines is loaded with the messenger server...all configured by a former administrator. my task was to create user accounts for the mail and calendar services and as i checked its not working .....i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: henokia4j
0 Replies

4. Programming

problems while using messaging queues....

hi I am using posix functions such as mq_open, mq_close and including the mqueue.h. but its giving a linking error,"undefined reference to mq_open and mq_close". it it that we have to link some library or so while compiling... plzzz help Thanxs Mohit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 CDE problem - The DT messaging system could not be started

A Google search with: +Solaris +"The DT messaging system could not be started" returns 138 hits. All of the relevant possible solutions are in this document. My apologies for such a long document but I thought I would try to minimize the resolution attempts that I've already tried. System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpollard001
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The DT messaging system could not be started

Hello All, I am getting " The DT messaging system could not be started" message when wants to login as root on a box running on tru64 5.1A. /etc/hosts is ok. when i see in .dt/errorlog it shows message server could not be started. Thanks for help. Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative network messaging?

Hello people, which options do I have to send messages over a network from one station to another without using standard network messaging commands like write, talk und message? Thanks. (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123_abc
26 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

The DT messaging system could not be started.

Good Morning, Users can no longer log into SunBlade 2500 Solaris 9 system (though root still can). Here's what I'm getting and what I've done. I'm most suspicious of the full drive since that pops up twice and I did see one looks full. What's a good way to reduce what's on it?- or.. what else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
2 Replies
TCPDCHK(8)						      System Manager's Manual							TCPDCHK(8)

NAME
tcpdchk - tcp wrapper configuration checker SYNOPSIS
tcpdchk [-a] [-d] [-i inet_conf] [-v] DESCRIPTION
tcpdchk examines your tcp wrapper configuration and reports all potential and real problems it can find. The program examines the tcpd access control files (by default, these are /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny), and compares the entries in these files against entries in the inetd network configuration file. tcpdchk reports problems such as non-existent pathnames; services that appear in tcpd access control rules, but are not controlled by tcpd; services that should not be wrapped; non-existent host names or non-internet address forms; occurrences of host aliases instead of official host names; hosts with a name/address conflict; inappropriate use of wildcard patterns; inappropriate use of NIS netgroups or references to non-existent NIS netgroups; references to non-existent options; invalid arguments to options; and so on. Where possible, tcpdchk provides a helpful suggestion to fix the problem. OPTIONS
-a Report access control rules that permit access without an explicit ALLOW keyword. -d Examine hosts.allow and hosts.deny files in the current directory instead of the default ones. -i inet_conf Specify this option when tcpdchk is unable to find your inetd.conf network configuration file, or when you suspect that the program uses the wrong one. -v Display the contents of each access control rule. Daemon lists, client lists, shell commands and options are shown in a pretty- printed format; this makes it easier for you to spot any discrepancies between what you want and what the program understands. FILES
The default locations of the tcpd access control tables are: /etc/hosts.allow /etc/hosts.deny SEE ALSO
tcpdmatch(8), explain what tcpd would do in specific cases. hosts_access(5), format of the tcpd access control tables. hosts_options(5), format of the language extensions. inetd.conf(5), format of the inetd control file. AUTHORS
Wietse Venema (wietse@wzv.win.tue.nl), Department of Mathematics and Computing Science, Eindhoven University of Technology Den Dolech 2, P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands TCPDCHK(8)