Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users TCP/IP Connection getting slower... Post 36167 by kayode on Thursday 22nd of May 2003 10:07:24 AM
Old 05-22-2003
what type of Hub are you using? Are you also on clients/server based connection? If the answer to this question are yes.Then you need to change either to a switch.

kayode

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slower slower dead

I am running RH 7.1 and i am always remotely logged in working on a database. I got php and mysql running and then as the each week goes my rsh, or secure telnet, and any other remote session slows to become extremly choppy. If i am at teh box my i am fine the computer is not bogged down at all,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
5 Replies

2. Programming

TCP/IP send getting slower

Hi, We have developed a server program using TCP/IP Communication to communicate with another client program. After running for some days we find the TCP/IP connection from the server program is getting slower ie, the messages are not send quickly to the client. What i mean to say is since the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_puru
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

about TCP connection

Hi Experts, need help about release or refresh TCP Connection: i have the sample like below : application log connection: 0500 ( 192.168.0.1:36053) 00919 2007/05/10 23:30:25 112 13 2007/05/10 23:30:25 1969/12/31 17:00:00 0500 ( 192.168.0.1:36054) 00920 2007/05/10 23:30:26 000 00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a TCP/IP Connection

Hello, I am trying to write a script in Perl which will send some data from a UNIX Box to a windows box. I am planning to create a TCP/IP communication port for the same. How do I go about this? Kindly help. Regards, Garric (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
50 Replies

5. Programming

close existing tcp connection in C

Hello. I would like to know how to close an existing tcp socket. I have read some stuff and learned how to create a socket and then close it but have not found anything about how to close an existing tcp socket created by another application. The situation is this: I have an ODBC server running and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP failed connection attempts from netstat -s

Dear experts, I am seeing a lot of TCP failed connection attempts from "netstat -s" on one of our servers. How can I pin point what connection failed and what are the ports involved? Any tools/commands I can dig in deeper to diag. what went wrong on these "failed connection attempts"? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cache51
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

false tcp connection

Why this happens? How to solve this? $netstat -na |grep 9325 tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:9325 127.0.0.1:9325 ESTABLISHED When a client socket repeatedly tries to connect to an inactive(no server socket is listening on this port) local port,connect succeeds. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnbach
1 Replies

8. Solaris

many tcp connection in close-wait

Hi, I use solaris Unix . I find there is some problem in application and it generate many "close-wait" tcp connect and stay in the server . it is generate by process id 7740 root@XX # netstat -an | grep CLOSE_WAIT | wc -l 285 root@XX # netstat -an | grep CLOSE_WAIT 10.158.35.4.34805 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcdef
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

I want to know the disconnection time of my broadband tcp/ip connection.

Hello, I want to know the disconnection time of my broadband tcp/ip connection as it got disconnected while downloading data. I use Vuze bit torrent client and JDownloader . I use broadband internet connection and my os is slack 11. The problem I have been facing for last 2/3 days that my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vectrum
1 Replies

10. Programming

TCP connection check

Hi. I am writing client - server application using TCP sockets. I need some very basic functionality, namely: how to check if another "participant" of the connection is still present? I want to handle situations, when client is gone, or server breaks down, etc. (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shang
25 Replies
tcp-env(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   tcp-env(1)

NAME
tcp-env - set up TCP-related environment variables SYNOPSIS
tcp-env [ -rR ] [ -ttimeout ] program [ arg ... ] DESCRIPTION
The input for tcp-env must be a TCP connection. tcp-env finds out information about that connection, puts the information into several environment variables as described in tcp-environ(5), and runs program with the given arguments. Usually tcp-env is run from inetd. It might instead be run from another server that already sets up the right environment variables; if PROTO is set to TCP when tcp-env is invoked, tcp-env assumes that all the other variables are set up properly, and it does not check whether the input is a TCP connection. OPTIONS
-r (Default.) Attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -R Do not attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -ttimeout Give up on the TCPREMOTEINFO connection attempt after timeout seconds. Default: 30. SEE ALSO
tcp-environ(5), inetd(8) tcp-env(1)