Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Locate a user by their IP address Post 36145 by jagannatha on Wednesday 21st of May 2003 07:19:32 PM
Old 05-21-2003
Locate a user by their IP address

We have a user that is sending rather large print jobs to a windows printer, we need to track them down and advise a sensible approach to printing. The only thing that shows up in the windows print manager is the IP address of the source.

Is this achievable?

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace <Address> with a var input by user

Hi, All here is not a full version script, just post a sample. #/bin/bash read -p 'Addr: ' addr sed 's/<Address>/'"$addr"'/' pf.mod>$1 If the input string include `/', sed will return error message. I know that s/// can be replaced with s::: or s!!!, etc, but the input var can accept... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: r2007
4 Replies

2. Programming

Get user name from ip address

hi all i am new in unix programming i want some help from this forum, i want to know how to get user name of other machine in local network from its ip address or suggest any books for networking programming on unix sachin (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: munnu
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remote user ip address

can anybody help me to get a remote user ip address in SCO 5.0.5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naushad
5 Replies

4. Ubuntu

500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp

I've been tearing my hair out over this: vsftp does not work on any of my RedHat Server 5.x systems - I keep getting a variation on 500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp or 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:nobody (different errors on different systems). I spent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Ho do I masquerade the "user@user.local" address in mail/mailx?

Hi, I'm brand new here and looking for a solution: I'm using mail or mailx. The default reply address is «myshortusername@mylongusername.local» which makes absolutely no sense for anybody receiving my emails. But how do I change it? There seem to be many solutions but none for Mac OS X.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gczychi
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

7. Linux

500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp

I've been fighting this for about a year: vsftp does not work on any of my RedHat Server 5.x systems - I keep getting a variation on 500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp or 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:nobody (different errors on different systems). I spent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email sent to multiple user address?

hi all, This is user that i want sent the email: Email = allan@gmail.com bruce8899@gmail.com Chris@gmail.com echo "$dir : $filecount is over the limit $limit " | mailx -s "${SUBJECT}" "${email}" However it cannot sent to 3 user..only sent to 1 user email address. Any 1 can help me... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
15 Replies

9. Programming

MySQL select user with the same IP address

Dear community, I woul like to make a query to output all the users having the same IP address. The table is somethig like: name logged_ip ==== ========= user1 127.0.0.1 user2 127.0.0.2 user3 127.0.0.3 user4 127.0.0.1 user5 127.0.0.2 user6 127.0.0.5I used this query... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
4 Replies
cupsaccept(8)							    Apple Inc.							     cupsaccept(8)

NAME
cupsaccept/cupsreject - accept/reject jobs sent to a destination SYNOPSIS
cupsaccept [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -h hostname[:port] ] destination(s) cupsreject [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -h hostname[:port] ] [ -r reason ] destination(s) DESCRIPTION
cupsaccept instructs the printing system to accept print jobs to the specified destinations. cupsreject instructs the printing system to reject print jobs to the specified destinations. The -r option sets the reason for rejecting print jobs. If not specified the reason defaults to "Reason Unknown". OPTIONS
The following options are supported by both cupsaccept and cupsreject: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -U username Sets the username that is sent when connecting to the server. -h hostname[:port] Chooses an alternate server. -r "reason" Sets the reason string that is shown for a printer that is rejecting jobs. COMPATIBILITY
Unlike the System V printing system, CUPS allows printer names to contain any printable character except SPACE, TAB, "/", or "#". Also, printer and class names are not case-sensitive. The CUPS versions of accept and reject may ask the user for an access password depending on the printing system configuration. This differs from the System V versions which require the root user to execute these commands. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), cupsenable(8), lp(1), lpadmin(8), lpstat(1), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 12 February 2006 CUPS cupsaccept(8)