Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 553 config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem) Post 36025 by bluehell on Monday 19th of May 2003 11:01:28 AM
Old 05-19-2003
Thanks,
Couldn't find /etc/sendmail.cw its now /etc/mail/local-host-names in vesrion 8.12.9 and OpenBSD 3.3 doesn't use the sendmail.mc or it deleled it after the install since its bundled. Anyway I just edited then sendmail.cf using pico and chamed the line Cwlocalhost to Cw domain.com and it worked. Also I had to to change rc.conf and remove the -C (filename) option.

But it works fine now

thanks again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uploading Zipped files get 553 error

I am trying to upload .zip files to Unix server and get the error 553 qmerev2002.zip: Permission denied, what is my problem?? I am able to load other files and folders fine. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CoastGuard1970
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail Server config

Hi all, We've an application that is for recording our daily services to clients, and it has mailing option for sending email to any account to inform them about client requests ,but at this time the mailing part doesn't work. So i want to know that this WS should be assigned as mail server for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

SMTP Error 553

Hello, guys ! I have a problem on one of my servers and I dont't know how to handle it. When I try to send en email to a mailbox from another server I get the following error: Does anyone have an ideea where the problem could be ? Or where should I start looking ? The problem appears... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP 553 error

Hi , I am doing a ftp file transfer to a remote system.I got an error like "553 FTP_ASCII_PUSH: Permission denied. (upload). " please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

5. AIX

Mail bounced back externally - internally ok.

I am unable to send mail externally. It gets refused from any mail server. Here's my current config: oslevel -s 5300-07-05-0831 ******** mail -v foo@yahoo.com < /tmp/oracle.out Warning: .cf file is out of date: sendmail AIX5.3/8.13.4 supports version 10, .cf file is version 9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gravy26
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP feed back mail

I am having Oracle export script, in that FTP part only given below ftp -n <<END open $Server user $FtpUser $FtpPwd cd $FtpPath binary put $Tablename.flg put $Filename.gz bye END Now I want to get the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbmk_design
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Error 553 I/O error.

Hi All, I have a problem when uploading txt file from windows to Unix server. I got 533 I/O error. I am using .bat file and it works for other batches but with this particular batch it doesn't work. thanks guys for helping in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfaqih
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Mail loops back to me error in /var/adm/message after patching

Hi, I am getting the below messsage in /var/adm/message after patching but sendmail is working after restoring the backup file. sendmail: q4G7U1Cj014774: SYSERR(root): 127.0.0.1 config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?) sendmail: q4G801cw025824: SYSERR(root): 127.0.0.1 config... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fayaz
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Postfix Gateway with Exchange Mail With MX back-up

Hello, We have been looking for ways of implementing some redundancy on our postfix gateways in our company. We have 4 Postfix Gateways. mail2.domain.ro 10 mail.domain.ro 20 mail1.domain.ro 30 mail3.domain.ro 40 On nslookup we have like this: domain.ro MX preference = 10,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panaitescuionel
0 Replies
MAILER.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    MAILER.CONF(5)

NAME
mailer.conf -- configuration file for mailwrapper(8) DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/mail/mailer.conf contains a series of lines of the form name program [arguments ...] The first word of each line is the name of a program invoking mailwrapper(8). (For example, on a typical system /usr/sbin/sendmail would be a symbolic link to mailwrapper(8), as would newaliases(1) and mailq(1). Thus, name might be ``sendmail'' or ``newaliases'' etc.) The second word of each line is the name of the program to actually execute when the first name is invoked. The further arguments, if any, are passed to the program, followed by the arguments mailwrapper(8) was called with. The file may also contain comment lines, denoted by a '#' mark in the first column of any line. FILES
/etc/mail/mailer.conf EXAMPLES
This example shows how to set up mailer.conf to invoke the traditional sendmail(8) program: # Execute the "real" sendmail program located in # /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail sendmail /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail send-mail /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail mailq /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail newaliases /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail This example shows how to invoke a sendmail-workalike like Postfix in place of sendmail(8): # Emulate sendmail using postfix sendmail /usr/local/sbin/sendmail send-mail /usr/local/sbin/sendmail mailq /usr/local/sbin/sendmail newaliases /usr/local/sbin/sendmail This example shows how to invoke a sendmail-workalike with Exim (from ports) in place of sendmail(8): # Emulate sendmail using exim sendmail /usr/local/sbin/exim send-mail /usr/local/sbin/exim mailq /usr/local/sbin/exim -bp newaliases /usr/bin/true rmail /usr/local/sbin/exim -i -oee This example shows the use of the mini_sendmail package from ports in place of sendmail(8). Note the use of additional arguments. # Send outgoing mail to a smart relay using mini_sendmail sendmail /usr/local/bin/mini_sendmail -srelayhost send-mail /usr/local/bin/mini_sendmail -srelayhost SEE ALSO
mail(1), mailq(1), newaliases(1), mailwrapper(8), sendmail(8) postfix(1) (ports/mail/postfix), mini_sendmail(8) (ports/mail/mini_sendmail) HISTORY
mailer.conf appeared in NetBSD 1.4. AUTHORS
Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com> BUGS
The entire reason this program exists is a crock. Instead, a command for how to submit mail should be standardized, and all the "behave dif- ferently if invoked with a different name" behavior of things like mailq(1) should go away. BSD
October 8, 2010 BSD