Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syn_sent
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Syn_sent Post 36013 by Neo on Monday 19th of May 2003 08:39:10 AM
Old 05-19-2003
Your computer is attempting to open a TCP connection with another computer, looks like something related to the name server (perhaps a zone transfer from a zone that is not responding to your request?).

One way to resolve this is to use lsof to see which processes are attempting to open the connection. When you find out which processes on your end are attempting to open the connection, you can then determine the appropriate next step.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Solaris

SYN_SENT does not receive reset from closed ports

Dear all, I have a Solaris 10 system with a bunch of zones on it. My issue is the following: - I have application A and B running in the same zone: i.e. they communicate via loopback interface. Application A tries to connect to application B, usually listening on port X. If application B... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pierolinux
6 Replies
Protocol::Connection(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Protocol::Connection(3pm)

NAME
X11::Protocol::Connection - Perl module abstract base class for X11 client to server connections SYNOPSIS
# In connection object module package X11::Protocol::Connection::CarrierPigeon; use X11::Protocol::Connection; @ISA = ('X11::Protocol::Connection'); sub open { ... } sub give { ... } sub get { ... } sub fh { ... } ... # In program $connection = X11::Protocol::Connection::CarrierPigeon ->open($host, $display_number); $x = X11::Protocol->new($connection); $connection->give($data); $reply = unpack("I", $connection->get(4)); use IO::Select; $sel = IO::select->new($connection->fh); if ($sel->can_read == $connection->fh) ... DESCRIPTION
This module is an abstract base class for the various X11::Protocol::Connection::* modules that provide connections to X servers for the X11::Protocol module. It provides stubs for the following methods: open $conn = X11::Protocol::Connection::Foo->open($host, $display_num) Open a connection to the specified display (numbered from 0) on the specified $host. give $conn->give($data) Send the given data to the server. Normally, this method is used only by the protocol module itself. get $data = $conn->get($n) Read $n bytes of data from the server. Normally, this method is used only by the protocol module itself. fh $filehandle = $conn->fh Return an object suitable for use as a filehandle. This is mainly useful for doing select() and other such system calls. AUTHOR
Stephen McCamant <SMCCAM@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
perl(1), X11::Protocol, X11::Protocol::Connection::Socket, X11::Protocol::Connection::FileHandle, X11::Protocol::Connection::INETSocket, X11::Protocol::Connection::UNIXSocket, X11::Protocol::Connection::INETFH, X11::Protocol::Connection::UNIXFH. perl v5.14.2 2003-01-27 Protocol::Connection(3pm)