Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Latest News on Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Latest News on Unix Post 35963 by killerserv on Thursday 15th of May 2003 09:41:37 PM
Old 05-15-2003
or this site perhaps...

Operating Systems News

http://www.osnews.com/

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix based news servers +dialup numbers

Is there a website that lists telephone numbers for dialup connection to unix based servers? There used to be such a site but can't find it now. What I need is numbers, which my ISP supports, that I can use to access a news server, unix-based. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robfo
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Volunteers for Unix Linux News Site (Word Press)

We are thinking to replace our "not very popular blog" with a "news channel" using the Wordpress newswire 1.2 theme. Anyone interested in volunteering to be a "reporter", "writer" or "editor"? ---------- Post updated at 09:18 ---------- Previous update was at 09:15 ---------- OBTW, I got... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
WWW::Search::Yahoo::News::Advanced(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   WWW::Search::Yahoo::News::Advanced(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Search::Yahoo::News::Advanced - search Yahoo!News using the "advanced" interface SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Search; my $oSearch = new WWW::Search('Yahoo::News::Advanced'); my $sQuery = WWW::Search::escape_query("George Lucas"); $oSearch->date_from('7 days ago'); $oSearch->date_to ('now'); $oSearch->native_query($sQuery); while (my $oResult = $oSearch->next_result()) print $oResult->url, " "; DESCRIPTION
This class is a Yahoo! News specialization of WWW::Search. It handles making and interpreting searches on Yahoo! News http://news.yahoo.com using the Advanced search interface. This class exports no public interface; all interaction should be done through WWW::Search objects. NOTES
This backend supports narrowing the search by date-range. Use date_from() and date_to() to set the endpoints of the desired date range. You can use any date format supported by the Date::Manip module. NOTE that Yahoo only seems to keep the last 60 days worth of news in its searchable index. At one time, News.yahoo.com would die if the unescaped query is longer than 485 characters or so. This backend does NOT check for that. SEE ALSO
To make new back-ends, see WWW::Search. BUGS
To report a new bug, please use https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Create.html?Queue=WWW-Search-Yahoo AUTHOR
"WWW::Search::Yahoo::News::Advanced" is maintained by Martin Thurn (mthurn@cpan.org). LEGALESE
Copyright (C) 1998-2009 Martin 'Kingpin' Thurn THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. perl v5.12.4 2011-11-02 WWW::Search::Yahoo::News::Advanced(3pm)