Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Append and redirect
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Append and redirect Post 3590 by Anna on Friday 6th of July 2001 04:21:36 PM
Old 07-06-2001
Append and redirect

Can somebody please explain to me what redirection (>) and append are? What is the difference between > and >>?

Thank-you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Redirect

I'm sittig behind a firewall that doesn't allow ftp. I have a conection to a UNIX system, connecting throug SSH. Is it possible to redirect the ftp through the UNIX to my computer? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: <Therapy>
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do redirect in bind

Hello all! Does anyone know how to redirect i link to a host or alias name? Here is the example: i wank to type "Bob" in my browser and be redirected to http://192.168.54.37:7001/Bob/BobMainServlet on that perticular port. Im using Redhat 6.2 with bind 9.2.3 regards... dOzY (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect output

Hi all, I have a script which call a java program, the logging (to log file) in the program is done using log4j. However, as a safety measure, i still choose to direct standard error to another log file as follow /usr/bin/java -classpath ${classpath} -Xmx128m TestingProgram 2>>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail MX redirect

Hi I have a working sendmail setup for my domain, but would like to run a subdomain on another machine. I could try below, but its a production server and worry about messing it up. Hence the question. So I have machine names: mydomain.com (mail server) dev.mydomain.com currently the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtrava01
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Problem

Hi, I have perl script which is calling an external command using "system()" with argument. But i am not able to capture the output.Even tried with backtick also with no luck. . . $number=<>; system ("cmd $number >output.txt"); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasingraj
2 Replies

6. Web Development

URL Redirect

Just want to give a background. Currently, our company web site is redesigned and there are about 200 current URLs will have new redirects. I don't want to enter them in the config file rather would like to have them in a text file/config file and referring the file from the config whenever the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect capitalize

How do i send the output from the date command to a variable called today easy: today=$(date) but how can the output be capitalized on a single command ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuankyKong
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with << redirect - Please help!

I have a script to send an email like below. Problem is, the if ..fi block is not getting executed, and is coming as a part of the email body. Can anyone take a look at this? :confused: Log file shows this: SEND_MAIL.prog: line 64: : command not found echo "Input Parameters" echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansmaan
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to append a string by cat and redirect to other file?

Hi, when I do cat for kernel parameters cat /proc/sys/kernel/sem >> /etc/sysctl.conf 4096 4096 32 128 The above command working with out any doubt but I want to pass it like below, need to append "kernel.sem =" and pass it to /etc/sysctl.conf kernel.sem = 4096... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp redirect

Hi i want to redirect a list of ftp file to an exsisting file by mls x.txt mylocalfile.txt result of this command corrupt my data on mylocalfile.txt , please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rezasadeghi
2 Replies
SRU::Server(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  SRU::Server(3pm)

NAME
SRU::Server - respond to SRU requests via CGI::Application SYNOPSIS
package MySRU; use base qw( SRU::Server ); sub explain { my $self = shift; # $self->request isa SRU::Request::Explain # $self->response isa SRU::Response::Explain } sub scan { my $self = shift; # $self->request isa SRU::Request::Scan # $self->response isa SRU::Response::Scan # $self->cql is the root node of a CQL::Parser-parsed query } sub searchRetrieve { my $self = shift; # $self->request isa SRU::Request::SearchRetrieve # $self->response isa SRU::Response::SearchRetrieve # $self->cql is the root node of a CQL::Parser-parsed query } package main; MySRU->new->run; DESCRIPTION
This module brings together all of the SRU verbs (explain, scan and searchRetrieve) under a sub-classable object based on CGI::Application. METHODS
explain This method is used to return an explain response. It is the default method. scan This method returns a scan response. searchRetrieve This method returns a searchRetrieve response. CGI
::APPLICATION METHODS setup Sets the "run_modes", "mode_param" and the default runmode (explain). cgiapp_prerun Parses the incoming SRU request and if needed, checks the CQL query. cgiapp_postrun Sets the content type (text/xml) and serializes the response. error_mode Stub error runmode. AUTHORS
o Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> o Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> perl v5.12.4 2009-11-20 SRU::Server(3pm)