Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add usb modem on a 5.0.7
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Add usb modem on a 5.0.7 Post 35894 by josramon on Monday 12th of May 2003 07:49:09 PM
Old 05-12-2003
Add usb modem on a SCO Openserver 5.0.7

hi guys i know a litter bit of sco openserver 5.0.6 I got my self a 5.0.7 version.

The problem is how do you install a usb modem?
The way i'm used to doit is by serial port , you know tty1A .

Please guys bear with me

Thanks a lot

Jose.

Last edited by josramon; 05-12-2003 at 09:21 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem - Test /dev/modem

Ok. I tried following the directions from some of the other threads, but I've hit a road block. I have red hat 7.3 and I installed the hcf package: hcfpcimodem-0.99lnxtbeta03042700k2.4.18_3-1rh.i386.rpm It installed ok, no errors, but I still can't get linux to find my modem. I've tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 ADSL USB modem problem

Hi, I have USB Siemens Santis 100 ADSL modem.I need driver for this modem on Solaris 10.Please help me with some info.Platform is x86.Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Upravnik
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 & USR USB Modem Configuration

Hello There, I just wanted to know if there is any possible configuration for setting up my external USR USB Modem in Solaris 9 (x86). Any help is definitely appreciated. Thanks Khurram Bashir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khurram
1 Replies

4. Linux

modem - usb to serial configuration

I have a serial modem connected to a usb port using an adapter cable. The system is a HP DL360. RedHat ES3.0 I am using the device /dev/ttyUSB0 When I issue the command "mgetty ttyUSB0" I get the following output in the log file. How do I get the system to see the modem. 12/02 14:17:55... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jshoovie
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing USB adsl modem?

Hello all, granted that I am an absolute beginner with Solaris, I'd like to use my adsl modem, t's a Zyxel prestige 630. I managed to install and configure it under Ubuntu using the drivers from Conexant AccessRunner ADSL USB modems with Linux ; is there a chance to do the same under Solaris 10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: clalfa
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

How to implement TIOCOUTQ for USB modem on Linux Ubuntu

Hi, I need to override ioctl operation for a few USB drivers (sierra, option, cdc-acm) on Linux Ubuntu 2.6.34sb2 to support TIOCOUTQ command. Unfortunately, none of the drivers I mentioned above support TIOCOUTQ because it seems unclear to know amount of data inside a modem. Does Linux... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDoroshenko
12 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 does not assign serial port to 3g usb modem?

In ubuntu etopic i create this udev rules for prolink 3g usb modem: SUBSYSTEM=="block", SUBSYSTEM=="scsi", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1e0e", ATTRS{idProduct}=="f000", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/sbin/modprobe usbserial Vendor=0X1e0e Product=0Xf000" After plugging the usb modem, ubuntu assigns the ports... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamsat
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to setup prolink 3.5g hsdpa usb modem in Solaris 11.2?

hi, I am new to solaris, i download the solaris 11.2 support library and as well search the google but didn't find any information about how to setup usb 3g modem in solaris 11.2, any one can please help me with giving any information or web link? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamsat
6 Replies
usb-devices(8)							Linux USB Utilities						    usb-devices(8)

NAME
usb-devices - print USB device details SYNOPSIS
usb-devices DESCRIPTION
usb-devices is a (bash) shell script that can be used to display details of USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them. The output of the script is similar to the usb/devices file available either under /proc/bus (if usbfs is mounted), or under /sys/ker- nel/debug (if debugfs is mounted there). The script is primairily intended to be used if the file is not available. In contrast to the usb/devices file, this script only lists active interfaces (those marked with a "*" in the usb/devices file) and their endpoints. Be advised that there can be differences in the way information is sorted, as well as in the format of the output. RETURN VALUE
If sysfs is not mounted, a non-zero exit code is returned. FILES
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb* The part of the sysfs tree the script walks through to assemble the printed information. /proc/bus/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernels before 2.6.31, if usbfs is mounted. /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernel 2.6.31 and later, if debugfs is mounted. SEE ALSO
lsusb(8), usbview(8). AUTHORS
Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg@kroah.com> Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> usbutils-0.84 23 June 2009 usb-devices(8)