Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Network issues, computer hangs. Post 35771 by s93366 on Saturday 3rd of May 2003 04:24:27 PM
Old 05-03-2003
Could it be a heat problem?

/Peter

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

I cant network my computer

I have an Octane2 running IRIX 6.4 . The problem is that the machine is not coming on the network . I have put in all the details perfectly , like IP , netmask , name servers , gateway IP , I tried it on a Mac alongside me but On the IRIX it dosent work . I have no idea wats the prob lem .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jai
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

-Computer hangs when scanning ports-

Hi everyone, I 've just installed Mandrake Linux v8.0 and everything worked fine untill, i think after having booted from Windows 2000, my computer 'hangs' at the pixelated pinguin startup screen and displays something like: Winbond Super Something Now scanning ports: 3f0 2f8 320 110 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phaelanx
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount a network computer/drive in unix?

:D hey all, how do you scan/mount a network drive or computer/directory? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emplate
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get files from other computer on the network

I wan't to connect to another computer on the network and get a file. I know the IP and name of the computer and have access to it. I've tried the ssh in xterm and think i've managed to logon to it. the file is in /tmp/ on the host computer. I'm using KDE (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janbanan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Network on Computer, might be driver

Hi All, Just completing my second Solaris installation, in the previous one which was on a Dell X64 machine, I went through the Network configuration setting, on the current computer which I am installing Solaris on, its a custom built machine and for some reason, I didnt see the screen where I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platforminc
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recommendations on a book or website on computer network design?

Can someone please recommend a book or a website that has info on how to design a secure fault tolerant network (routers, firewall, domain servers, etc) of 300 wireless computers separated in multiple buildings and floor with multiple users for each station mainly utilizing dtp and internet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rukasu
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

While Connecting to Google networking. Error = Unusual traffic from your computer network.

Hello, I am working in office, where, more than 60 clients machines (only 16 machines are on windows) are there and one server Centos Server, I have configured clients with server, so that internet will be used form only one IP. Only 1 ip is assigned, but now a days, my client machines are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

I would like to monitor network traffic for a computer on my network

My son does homework on a school laptop. I was thinking about setting up a gateway on my home network, so that I can monitor web traffic and know if he is doing his homework without standing over his shoulder. Ideally I would like to use the Raspberry Pi Model b that I already have. However, I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
15 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Network related issues

Oflate we are finding a few servers experiencing severe slowness. What would be the commands that I need to try to postmortem the situation? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
3 Replies
glutEnterGameMode(3GLUT)					       GLUT						  glutEnterGameMode(3GLUT)

NAME
glutEnterGameMode, glutLeaveGameMode - enters and leaves GLUT's game mode. SYNTAX
void glutEnterGameMode(void); void glutLeaveGameMode(void); DESCRIPTION
glutEnterGameMode is designed to enable high-performance fullscreen GLUT rendering, possibly at a different screen display format. Calling glutEnterGameMode creates a special fullscreen GLUT window (with its own callbacks and OpenGL rendering context state). If the game mode string describes a possible screen display format, GLUT also changes the screen display format to the one described by the game mode string. glutLeaveGameMode leaves the GLUT game mode and returns the screen display format to its default format. When game mode is entered, certain GLUT functionality is disable to facilitate high-performance fullscreen rendering. GLUT pop-up menus are not available while in game mode. Other created windows and subwindows are not displayed in GLUT game mode. Game mode will also hide all other applications running on the computer's display screen. The intent of these restrictions is to eliminate window clipping issues, permit screen display format changes, and permit fullscreen rendering optimization such as page flipping for fullscreen buffer swaps. After leaving game mode, the GLUT functionality disabled in game mode is available again. The game mode window (and its OpenGL rendering state) is destroyed when leaving game mode. Any windows and subwindows created before entering the game mode are displayed in their previ- ous locations. The OpenGL state of normal GLUT windows and subwindows is not disturbed by entering and/or leaving game mode. The following GLUT routines are ignored in game mode: glutFullScreen, glutSetWindowTitle, glutSetIconTitle, glutPositionWindow, glutRe- shapeWindow, glutPopWindow, glutPushWindow, glutIconifyWindow, glutShowWindow, glutHideWindow. glutEnterGameMode can be called when already in game mode. This will destroy the previous game mode window (including any OpenGL rendering state) and create a new game mode window with a new OpenGL rendering context. Also if glutEnterGameMode is called when already in game mode and if the game mode string has changed and describes a possible screen display format, the new screen display format takes effect. A reshape callback is generated if the game mode window changes size due to a screen display format change. Re-entering game mode provides a mechanism for changing the screen display format while already in game mode. Note though that the game mode window's OpenGL state is lost in this process and the application is responsible for re-initializing the newly created game mode win- dow OpenGL state when re-entering game mode. Game mode cannot be entered while pop-up menus are in use. Note that the glutEnterGameMode and glutFullScreen routines operate differently. glutFullScreen simply makes the current window match the size of the screen. glutFullScreen does not change the screen display format and does not disable any GLUT features such as pop-up menus; glutFullScreen continues to operate in a "windowed" mode of operation. glutEnterGameMode creates a new window style, possibly changes the screen display mode, limits GLUT functionality, and hides other applications. SEE ALSO
glutGameModeGet, glutGameModeString, glutInitDisplayString AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutEnterGameMode(3GLUT)