Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XP PRO: good firewall
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions XP PRO: good firewall Post 35687 by BSeanD on Monday 28th of April 2003 07:20:13 AM
Old 04-28-2003
Quote:
Can someone please recommend a good firewall for xp pro?
Why not build a LAN and have a firewall/router running FreeBSD. It'll be much safer than most things out there.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Good Firewall

ok basically, i have got apache working on my server now (i have been using linux for about 3 days) and i have installed and setup php and mysql but now i want to secure the server. I have heard about iptables and ipchains, and have looked at several websites about it, but basically dont... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt2kjones
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

What Firewall do you use?

Just out of curiosity, I see a lot of people here use Linux IPTables as their firewall. Anyone here use something else like OpenBSD PF or *BSD IPF, IPFW? I'm quite fond of OpenBSD and their Packet Filters. I find their syntax much easier to manage and from my personal experience, I find them... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarballed
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

domain logon problem - FreeBSD PDC w/ win2k pro and winxp pro

this is the seventh problem i'm having with samba. for some reason, i cannot logon to the domain. i've created user accounts... and i was able to establish a connection between the samba server (my PDC) and my workstations by logging in as "root." however now when i try to logon it gives... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Looking Out from Behind a Firewall

Would it be possible to restrict access to internet pages in the following way? A machine: IP = 128.1.17.123 Only pages from domains of the type "go.jp" and "ne.jp" are viewable. All others are not viewable or only partly viewable. B machine: IP = 128.1.17.146 Regardless of the domain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mntamago
4 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

I need a free firewall besides zone alarm for XP PRO

Please help. Reply and tell me if you find one. Lots of thanks! Computek (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: computek
6 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

help with firewall

hi everyone I am a newbee to firewall scripting. cannot understand how to write rules per host. in ip6tables. anyone plz:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xecutioner
2 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Firewall

Hey Guys, I am looking for a good firewall software to implement in medium/large office, with at least 150 users. I was hopping you guys could help me on this one. Regards, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrevicente
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good way to check firewall port on Linux centos 7

Hi, I need to know what kind of firewall settings does the linux box have? Is port 25 blocked in any way? Linux techx 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Mar 3 00:04:05 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I'm coming from this thread. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
fwb_pix(1)							 Firewall Builder							fwb_pix(1)

NAME
fwb_ipt - Policy compiler for Cisco PIX SYNOPSIS
fwb_pix -fdata_file.xml [-V] [-dwdir] [-i] [-v] [-xc] [-xt] object_name DESCRIPTION
fwb_pix is firewall policy compiler component of Firewall Builder (see fwbuilder(1)). Compiler reads objects definitions and firewall description from the data file specified with "-f" option and generates resultant Cisco PIX configuration file. The configuration is writ- ten to the file with the name the same as the name of the firewall object, plus extension ".fw". The data file and the name of the firewall objects must be specified on the command line. Other command line parameters are optional. OPTIONS
-f FILE Specify the name of the data file to be processed. -d wdir Specify working directory. Compiler creates file with PIX configuration in this directory. If this parameter is missing, then PIX configuration will be placed in the current working directory. -v Be verbose: compiler prints diagnostic messages when it works. -V Print version number and quit. -i When this option is present, the last argument on the command line is supposed to be firewall object ID rather than its name -xc When output file name is determined automatically (i.e. flags -o or -O are not present), the file name is composed of the cluster name and member firewall name rather than just member firewall name. This is used mostly for testing when the same member firewall object can be a part of different clusters with different configurations. -xt This flag makes compiler treat all fatal errors as warnings and continue processing rules. Generated configuration script most likely will be incorrect but will include error message as a comment; this flag is used for testing and debugging. URL
Firewall Builder home page is located at the following URL: http://www.fwbuilder.org/ BUGS
Please report bugs using bug tracking system on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5314&atid=105314 SEE ALSO
fwbuilder(1), fwb_ipf(1), fwb_ipt(1) fwb_pf(1) FWB
fwb_pix(1)