Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print command in linux
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print command in linux Post 35565 by kymberm on Thursday 17th of April 2003 03:38:43 PM
Old 04-17-2003
Print command in linux

What is the equivalent of print for linux scripts? I've scripted in unix, but went to try and do a script in linux, red hat 6.2, and it said print command not found.

i.e.:

print 'Enter answer'
read answer
etc.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print screen in linux

Hi All, Perhaps a dumb question, but how do you do a "print screen" within the X-Window in linux. I'm running KDE, is there a utility I can use in that package that I'm not aware of. Or, is there a way to turn on the <alt><print-screen> function with the keyboard? Thanks in advance. VJ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vancouver_joe
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get/print the lines from a specified file ? (LINUX)

It my first post here . I just want to get the content of the file as values for printinting along with line number in LINUX Here is what I tried . $ cat test1.txt ABC DSF GHI JKL MNO PQR STU VWX YZO $ cat test.sh #!/bin/ksh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajavu
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

how to print date/cal in /etc/motd on linux server

helo i want to show today date and calendar when v succesfuly login on the system on the linux server please orovide the sol for the same thanx :):):) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Print server Migration from AIX to Linux

Hi, Can anyone help me on migration the print server from AIX to RHEL 4? Appreciate your help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brby07
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print only number using awk command in Linux ?

Now I'm trying summary sar data. CPU , Memory , Traffic , TPS (Min Max value) CPU is okay using below command. $ sar -p | awk '{gsub(//,"")}1' | awk 'BEGIN {min=1000000; max=0;};\ { if($7<min && $7 != "") min = $7; if($7>max && $7 != "") max = $7; } END {print min, max}' 98.93 99.55 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tom8254
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
pdebuild-user-mode-linux(1)					     pbuilder					       pdebuild-user-mode-linux(1)

NAME
pdebuild-user-mode-linux - pbuilder-user-mode-linux way of doing debuild SYNOPSIS
pdebuild-user-mode-linux [pdebuild-user-mode-linux options] -- [pbuilder-user-mode-linux options] DESCRIPTION
A convenience program for pbuilder-user-mode-linux which invokes pbuilder after obtaining appropriate root privilege in a Debian source directory. One must be inside the source tree containing the debian directory, in order to make it work. PDEBUILD OPTIONS
--buildsourceroot [fakeroot] The command used to gain root privilege for invoking dpkg-buildpackage --auto-debsign Invoke debsign at the end of pdebuild process. --debsign-k [key-id] Pass -k option to debsign to specify which keyid to sign. --buildresult [Directory for build results] The place which build result is stored. --configfile [Extra config file to use] The configuration file is used, but not passed on to pbuilder-user-mode-linux. --debbuildopts [options to pass to dpkg-buildpackage] The space-delimited list of options are passed to dpkg-buildpackage. This option appends to pbuilder option --debbuildopts and may also be used to reset the list of options by passing the empty string. --use-pdebuild-internal Uses a different implementation of pdebuild, which calls clean and build inside the chroot, using bind-mounts. pdebuild-internal tries to run debian/rules clean inside the chroot. To achieve the goal, the working directory is passed on inside the chroot, in the form of bind-mounting and debuild is run. This option will not protect the working directory and its parent directories from the build scripts. -- [pbuilder options] After the -- symbol, an arbitrary number of pbuilder options can be specified. See pbuilder-user-mode-linux.1 for full list of options. There is an exception that --buildresult needs to be specified as pdebuild option before the -- to be effective. FILES
/etc/pbuilderrc The configuration file for pbuilder-user-mode-linux, used in pdebuild-user-mode-linux. /usr/share/pbuilder/pbuilderrc The default configuration file for pbuilder-user-mode-linux, used in pdebuild-user-mode-linux. ${HOME}/.pbuilderrc Configuration file for pbuilder-user-mode-linux, used in pdebuild-user-mode-linux, overrides what is written in /etc/pbuilderrc AUTHOR
Initial coding, and main maintenance is done by Junichi Uekawa <dancer@debian.org>. The homepage is available at http://pbuilder.alioth.debian.org SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/pbuilder/pbuilder-doc.html, pbuilder-user-mode-linux(1), pbuilderrc(5), pbuilder-uml.conf(5) Debian 2006 May 24 pdebuild-user-mode-linux(1)