Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /etc/vfstab
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers /etc/vfstab Post 35552 by hcclnoodles on Thursday 17th of April 2003 05:38:16 AM
Old 04-17-2003
Sorry, its Solaris version 8

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VFSTAB edit

Hello all... I have a Ultra 60 that that is used for connecting a large Xerox printer to the network. This computer takes PDF's and converts them to tiffs and sends them back to a pc :p . In order to transfer data back and forth a mount is manually performed on the UNIX box. The mount of course is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xeroxguy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

mount in vfstab

In the end of /etc/vfstab file : /dev/md/dsk/d30 /dev/md/dsk/d30 /odb0 ufs no no - /dev/md/dsk/d40 /dev/md/dsk/d40 /odb1 ufs no no - After boot filesystems /odb0 and /odb1 don't mount. Also they don't mount after comand mount -a But if i'm enter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about vfstab

Hi all, I have been trying to figure out a way to mount swap on /tmp at a stage early than the default script that does it... If anyone knows how it can be done pls pls help me!!!!! I have been struggling a lot for it Secondly, continuing with the same issue... I wanted to know if the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vfstab overlay mount

How can I specify and the -O (overlay option) in the vfstab ? Also can you specify the overlay option to the mount options for a Vertias cluster NFS service group ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjones
0 Replies

5. Solaris

how to edit /etc/vfstab

I created a file system earth in /earthpool (zpool). I mounted the file system on a directory /earth. But, when I reboot my machine it doesn't load the file systems and the zpool and zfs shows no pools available and no datasets respectively. I am using Solaris 10 running on X4500. Could you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
5 Replies

6. Solaris

etc/vfstab

Hi Everyone, How to find the wrong entry in etc/vfstab or wrong mount point in etc/vfstab ? Thanks & Regards Padmaja. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmaja
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/vfstab vs /etc/mnttab

what is the difference between the /etc/vfstab and /etc/mnttab? when i check both files, the content is almost the same. can you enlighten me? what i know is /etc/vfstab is used for hard mounts. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrist
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up a vfstab

Hi Guys i need your help quite urgently I am setting up a vfstab but need some help, here is the file systems 0. c0t0d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107> drmlc-00 Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks Mounted/used by 0 root wm 0 - ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brian112
1 Replies

9. Solaris

vfstab entries not automounting

Please see my vfstab entries below.. #device device mount FS fsck mount mount #to mount to fsck point type pass at boot options # fd - /dev/fd fd - no - /proc - /proc proc - no ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies

10. Solaris

what is the difference between /etc/mnttab and /etc/vfstab

what is the difference between /etc/mnttab and /etc/vfstab???? what are these files used for one time i removed mnttab file from my solaris box. infact i renamed it and my solaris box was not booting properly. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
12 Replies
Sys::Filesystem::Solaris(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Sys::Filesystem::Solaris(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Filesystem::Solaris - Return Solaris filesystem information to Sys::Filesystem SYNOPSIS
See Sys::Filesystem. INHERITANCE
Sys::Filesystem::Solaris ISA Sys::Filesystem::Unix ISA UNIVERSAL METHODS
version () Return the version of the (sub)module. ATTRIBUTES
The following is a list of filesystem properties which may be queried as methods through the parent Sys::Filesystem object. device Resource name. device_to_fsck The raw device to fsck. mount_point The default mount directory. fs_vfstype The name of the file system type. fs_freq The number used by fsck to decide whether to check the file system automatically. mount_at_boot Whether the file system should be mounted automatically by mountall. fs_mntops The file system mount options. time The time at which the file system was mounted. SEE ALSO
Solaris::DeviceTree VERSION
$Id: Solaris.pm 128 2010-05-12 13:16:44Z trevor $ AUTHOR
Nicola Worthington <nicolaw@cpan.org> - <http://perlgirl.org.uk> Jens Rehsack <rehsack@cpan.org> - <http://www.rehsack.de/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004,2005,2006 Nicola Worthington. Copyright 2009,2010 Jens Rehsack. This software is licensed under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0> perl v5.10.1 2010-05-18 Sys::Filesystem::Solaris(3pm)