Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: convert hex to ascii text
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers convert hex to ascii text Post 35534 by oombera on Wednesday 16th of April 2003 12:27:21 PM
Old 04-16-2003
I think you could write a short script in Perl. I don't have access to a machine running Perl, so I can't test this, but you may be able to do something like:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
my @hexList = qw(41 42 43 31 32 33);
$foo = pack("H6",@hexList);
print "$foo\n";

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting hex to ascii

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows how to change hex code back into ascii. when i process a form: " / " turn to " %2F " " @ " turns to " %40 " " ' " turns to " %27 " " ( " turns to " %28 " " ) " turns to " %29 " this is my code so far: order.txt thanks, primal p.s.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ascii To Hex

How will I display on screen a UNIX ascii file with its HEX equivalent. I want to check whether 0D 0A is coming at the end of the file which I am generating from UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: augustinep
1 Replies

3. Linux

source code ASCII to HEx

Is there are any source code in ANSI C to convert ASCII to Hexa decimal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
1 Replies

4. Programming

converaion ASCII to HEX

anyone knows any formulae or flow chart or procedure to convert ASCII characters into HEXA values... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert ascii values into ascii characters

Hi gurus, I have a file in unix with ascii values. I need to convert all the ascii values in the file to ascii characters. File contains nearly 20000 records with ascii values. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeeppvk
10 Replies

6. Programming

ascii to hex

Hello guys, i want to convert a text file to hex and have written this code : int main(int argc, char **argv) { ifstream file; string fileName = "CODEZ"; file.open(fileName.c_str()); // oeffen im Text-Modus if(file) {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingbruce
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting hex to ascii/decimal

I am writing a bash script to do some parsing on a log and I am running into a problem when it comes to converting only certain sections of the file from hex to ascii or hex to decimal. Data Example: The hex values after Hardware and SW Version I need to convert from Hex to ASCII and the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiftkey
16 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Convert ASCII Text, with CRLF

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: write a script asciiFix.sh that takes an arbitrary number of file paths from the command line and carries out the same analysis on each one. If a file is not Windows ASCII, your script should do nothing to it. For each file that is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwatt019
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Convert "hex" foldername to "ascii"

So, I have a folder, containing subdirs like this: 52334d50 52365245 524b4450 524f3350 52533950 52535050 52555550 now I want to go ahead and rename all those folder: hex -> ascii (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
8 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3)