Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk error
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Disk error Post 35495 by norsk hedensk on Tuesday 15th of April 2003 01:31:22 PM
Old 04-15-2003
do this:
man fsck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fatal error in disk

I have a doubt with an error message, and i want to be sure if this is a normal situation or not. Situation: I was formating and installing a SCSI 36Gb HD with UNIX SCO 5.05, the problem happens when is making the division and filesystem on disk 1, and the message error is "Exit value 139... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jav_v
1 Replies

2. AIX

Disk space error.

Dear All, I am working on AIX 5.2, and I have allocated 3072M disk space to /home filesystem. Now system has no free space at /home filesystem. But when I checked data on /home, I have only 900M data. Please if anybody can tell me about this difference and how this can be resolved. Thank You.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: system-admin
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk error

How to Check the disk error (both hard disk & DVD Rom) In Sun Netra 20 Server..Pls help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gini
2 Replies

4. Solaris

flarcreate disk error 28

I want to image solaris 8 with flarcreate like ghost in windows. the error come like errno 28, No space left? this is error message absapp@nepalabs1 # flarcreate -n "sol8utl" -S -R / -x /var/tmp /var/tmp/s8.utl.061222 Determining which filesystems will be included in the archive... Creating... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: 197oo302
15 Replies

5. AIX

Disk operation Error

Hi to all, Hope you can help me to figure out this problem that I have with one of our servers. I get disk errors but I cannot explain the reason why it is happening. Below is the error: Thanks in advance. By the way were using NETAPPS data storage and using 5.3 O.S version. LABEL: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cabloy
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris disk error

I received a new error that I have not seen before on my Solaris 10 server last night: From /var/adm/messages Jan 8 04:59:26 nediaccomp005j scsi: /pci@780/pci@0/pci@9/scsi@0 (mpt0): Jan 8 04:59:26 nediaccomp005j Log info 31010000c received for target 1. Jan 8 04:59:26 nediaccomp005j ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
4 Replies

7. Solaris

I/O Error on SAN Disk

Hi, I have a production solaris 10 SPARC system (portal). Yesterday legato/Networker gave an I/O Error on one of the files on its SAN mounted disk. I went to that particular file on the system, did an ls and it showed the file. However, ls -l did not work and it said IO error. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Error 25:Disk Read Error

Hi Guys, Wondering if anyone has seen/has a fix for this, when i try boot my system from CDROM at the solaris/ttya/ttyb selection menu i get stuck in a loop: kernel$ /boot/multiboot kernel/$isadir/unix -B install_media=cdrom,console=ttya loading "/boot/multiboot kernel/$isadir/unix -B... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-Train
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disk I/O error 5

I ran into I/O error (error 5) when copying files. Tried to copy the file in question to the same filesystem and to the different filesystem using cp, copy and tar - same problem, so looks like system could not read the source file. The system SCO OSR 5.0.7 runs under VMWare and the storage is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 8 disk error

Hello, We are running solaris 8 and there is a disk having problem with consistency The following devices (soft partitions from NetApp are inconsistent, unable to be repaired with fsck and need to be restored: root@server1 # df -k Filesystem kbytes used ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)