Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers bc arbitrary precision cal lang Post 35423 by dangral on Friday 11th of April 2003 04:36:33 PM
Old 04-11-2003
larry,
When I ran it in Solaris 8, I got:

LESS THEN

Pretty strange. Anyone have any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

precision getting?

I need to find out the precision on a solaris machine using the unix terminal. How do I find this out? Specifics needed: How are single precision numbers represented (8 or 16 bit) How are double precision numbers represented (16 or 32 bit) How are they stored. ( some computers store numbers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Townsfolk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lang

Hi, I have LANG set to C.iso88591 what does this value mean and what other options do I have? The problem is that I am using mailx to send out reports. When the report arrives the email has a lot of details about a charecter set not being supported. I don't want to have a null value... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to set the LANG variable

When I login to my AIX server, the LANG variable is automatically being set to En_US. This is causing locale warning messages when I run emacs or perl. The reason seems to be that En_US is not a valid locale (seen by running locale -a). I can change the variable from the command line (export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wvdeijk
3 Replies

4. Programming

max precision in float

Hi, As all of us know that size of int is machine as well as compiler dependent we can get the range and size of an int , float and char etc in /usr/include/limits.h header file of a compiler but could any one tell me how to get info of precision of float and ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting the $LANG info needed

Hello (Very New to UNIX -Solaris 10) I'm trying to set the LANG variable to C but not sure if it's getting set, need some help on this. Currently I have it set to en_GB.UTF-8 I need to set it to C for an install. but when I run set LANG=C and then run echo $LANG its still set to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deedaz
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

LANG=C not English?

On Ubuntu 7.04, why would the "C" LANG parameter not be English: $ LANG=C locale LANG=C LANGUAGE=he_IL:he:en_GB:en LC_CTYPE="he_IL.utf8" LC_NUMERIC="he_IL.utf8" LC_TIME="he_IL.utf8" LC_COLLATE="he_IL.utf8" LC_MONETARY="he_IL.utf8" LC_MESSAGES="he_IL.utf8" LC_PAPER="he_IL.utf8"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
4 Replies

7. Programming

How to do 'export LANG=en" Using C

Hi Could you please help me How to program Linux shell commands using C. I want set Language environment before start a particular application. Example:- export LANG=hi_IN.UTF-8 gedit This will start Localized Hindi( Indian Language) version of the 'gedit', if the Hindi language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Das
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

install arabic lang

hi how to install arabic language and set it as default in hpux. also there is any website provide vm for hpunix for testing. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drpix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get timestamp with millisecond precision

Hi All, could any body let me know. how to get timestamp with millisecond precision in unix bash shell. example -->2005-12-06- 4-22-35-195 please help me. Thanks, Krupa:wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Precision in print

I have a shell script which prints a variable to a text file (sorry if this is the wrong terminology, I'm new to this): awk `{sumdiffsqt+=$1;stdevt=sqrt(sumdiffsqt/('${n}'-1));errt=stdevt/sqrt('${n}')} END {print '$period',stdevt,errt}' diffsqt.txt >> ${xstation1}_${xstation2}_tt.err I need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: claire.a
4 Replies
pam_sample(5)															     pam_sample(5)

NAME
pam_sample - a sample PAM module SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/security/pam_sample.so.1 The SAMPLE service module for PAM is divided into four components: authentication, account management, password management, and session management. The sample module is a shared object that is dynamically loaded to provide the necessary functionality. SAMPLE Authentication Component The SAMPLE authentication module provides functions to test the PAM framework functionality using the pam_sm_authenticate(3PAM) call. The SAMPLE module implementation of the pam_sm_authenticate(3PAM) function compares the user entered password with the password set in the pam.conf(4) file, or the string "test" if a default test password has not been set. The following options can be passed in to the SAMPLE Authentication module: debug Syslog debugging information at the LOG_DEBUG level. passwd=newone Sets the password to be "newone." first_pass_good The first password is always good when used with the use_first_pass or try_first_pass option. first_pass_bad The first password is always bad when used with the use_first_pass or try_first_pass option. always_fail Always returns PAM_AUTH_ERR. always_succeed Always returns PAM_SUCCESS. always_ignore Always returns PAM_IGNORE. use_first_pass Use the user's initial password (entered when the user is authenticated to the first authentication module in the stack) to authenticate with the SAMPLE module. If the passwords do not match, or if this is the first authentica- tion module in the stack, quit and do not prompt the user for a password. It is recommended that this option only be used if the SAMPLE authentication module is designated as optional in the pam.conf configuration file. try_first_pass Use the user's initial password (entered when the user is authenticated to the first authentication module in the stack) to authenticate with the SAMPLE module. If the passwords do not match, or if this is the first authentica- tion module in the stack, prompt the user for a password. The SAMPLE module pam_sm_setcred(3PAM) function always returns PAM_SUCCESS. SAMPLE Account Management Component The SAMPLE Account Management Component implements a simple access control scheme that limits machine access to a list of authorized users. The list of authorized users is supplied as option arguments to the entry for the SAMPLE account management PAM module in the pam.conf file. Note that the module always permits access to the root super user. The option field syntax to limit access is shown below: allow= name[,name] allow= name [allow=name] The example pam.conf show below permits only larry to login directly. rlogin is allowed only for don and larry. Once a user is logged in, the user can use su if the user are sam or eric. login account require pam_sample.so.1 allow=larry dtlogin account require pam_sample.so.1 allow=larry rlogin account require pam_sample.so.1 allow=don allow=larry su account require pam_sample.so.1 allow=sam,eric The debug and nowarn options are also supported. SAMPLE Password Management Component The SAMPLE Password Management Component function ( pam_sm_chauthtok(3PAM)), always returns PAM_SUCCESS. SAMPLE Session Management Component The SAMPLE Session Management Component functions ( pam_sm_open_session(3PAM), pam_sm_close_session(3PAM)) always return PAM_SUCCESS. See attributes(5) for description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pam(3PAM), pam_sm_authenticate(3PAM), pam_sm_chauthtok(3PAM), pam_sm_close_session(3PAM), pam_sm_open_session(3PAM), pam_sm_setcred(3PAM), libpam(3LIB), pam.conf(4), attributes(5) This module should never be used outside of a closed debug environment. The examples of the use_first_pass and try_first_pass options are obsolete for all other Solaris delivered PAM service modules The interfaces in libpam() are MT-Safe only if each thread within the multi-threaded application uses its own PAM handle. 16 Aug 2005 pam_sample(5)