Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: serial number for E3500
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users serial number for E3500 Post 35372 by RTM on Wednesday 9th of April 2003 01:04:50 PM
Old 04-09-2003
There is no command to get the serial number of a SUN server (E3500 or any other) at either the boot prompt or after booting.

The banner command at the ok prompt give you the MAC address - once booted, you can see the MAC as root by running the ifconfig -a.

Or you might be looking for hostid (which is the command also).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tape Serial Number

Hello Experts, I've got a shell script that makes the backup of the files that i want. I also have this script showing the amount of files backed up and in witch folders they are. It's only missing one thing. I got all the information beeing stored in a text file and all i've got to do is to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
6 Replies

2. AIX

how to find serial number

hi how to find ( server machine )serial number throught the command in AIX thanks for your replay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Display Serial Number

Hello, I am running Solaris 9 and I need to display the serial number of my machine. How can I do this? Here is my machine info: SunOS birch 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 Thank you, David (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun 280r serial number

is there a command i can run at the ksh that will give me the serial number on solaris? solaris 8, and 9 280r servers (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
16 Replies

5. Solaris

Serial number

Hi Solarizer ;) I have face the difficulties of gathering information about the serial number of sun machine. i think its can do so easy while the machine is just one or two. But i have to administrate hundreds of sun machine. Any body knows how to gather this information by the command ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpx99
4 Replies

6. Solaris

[help] how to get serial number of cpu or other hardware

hi experts, hi all, need help, how to get serial number of cpu or other hardware using command? does anybody know using what syntax? thank you wu (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
8 Replies

7. Linux

Device serial number

Hey! I'm trying to figure out a sollution for a problem I have at my company with an Iomega MiniMax 500 GB USB disk. If i run cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get this information: T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=04 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Anyone know how to get Serial number with 1 command?

Solaris8 Anyone help? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
27 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help about bind serial number

Hello folks. Please let me understand the bind serial number. I am confuse. 13011321 ---------- Post updated at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:55 AM ---------- Thanks problem is solved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies
MAC_NONE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					       MAC_NONE(4)

NAME
mac_none -- null MAC policy module SYNOPSIS
To compile the null policy into your kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: options MAC options MAC_NONE Alternately, to load the none module at boot time, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options MAC and in loader.conf(5): mac_none_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The mac_none policy module implements a none MAC policy that has no effect on access control in the system. Unlike mac_stub(4), none of the MAC entry points are defined. Label Format No labels are defined for mac_none. SEE ALSO
mac(4), mac_biba(4), mac_bsdextended(4), mac_ifoff(4), mac_lomac(4), mac_mls(4), mac_partition(4), mac_portacl(4), mac_seeotheruids(4), mac_stub(4), mac_test(4), mac(9) HISTORY
The mac_none policy module first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0 and was developed by the TrustedBSD Project. AUTHORS
This software was contributed to the FreeBSD Project by Network Associates Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BUGS
See mac(9) concerning appropriateness for production use. The TrustedBSD MAC Framework is considered experimental in FreeBSD. While the MAC Framework design is intended to support the containment of the root user, not all attack channels are currently protected by entry point checks. As such, MAC Framework policies should not be relied on, in isolation, to protect against a malicious privileged user. BSD
December 1, 2002 BSD