Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements What about the email@unix.com idea? Post 35315 by oombera on Sunday 6th of April 2003 04:12:10 PM
Old 04-06-2003
That's a good point.. the feature is on by default for new posters who only have one post and if those of us who come on a lot don't want all the emails, we can just shut it off.

No one's been complaining about it , but it'd be another little "nicety" of the site. I guess the only way to know, Neo, is to turn it back on for awhile and see if it's too much hassle for you to deal with.. if it is, it's not critical to the functioning of the site. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

whacky email idea

Here's an idea i've been toying with: I'd like to use the mail storage on my home machine (Apple's mail client mbox's) via an X client. I'd like to ssh -X and then fire up an X client for reading/sending mail while I'm away from my home machine. The advantage is that, I have all my mail (both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: [MA]Flying_Meat
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitations of awk? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keeping in mind that I'm relatively comfortable with programming in general but very new to unix and korn/bourne shell scripts.. I'm using awk on a CSV file, and then performing calculations and operations on specific fields within specific records. The CSV file I'm working with has about 600... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Send email in UNIX

Hi, I am new to Shell script programming. Can anyone explain How to Send Mail in UNIX. Can explain in detail please? Thanks in Advance. From Sathish D V. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cooolthud
1 Replies

6. AIX

UNIX email

Is there a way UNIX can send an email to users when there is a problem in the system or a defunct process that needs to be killed? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apdeloss
3 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

email@unix.com

Hi all! First of all, a great thanx to all of your who had the idea of this site. Seconndly, will an email@unix.com exist? Jason :D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_new_admin
4 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Installs site.xml into /usr/share/maven-repo. SYNOPSIS
mh_installsite [option]... [pom] [site-file] DESCRIPTION
Installs the site.xml file in /usr/share/maven-repo, at the correct location for Maven. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the site.xml file to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [site-file] is the location of the site.xml to install. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: name of the Debian package which will contain the site file -e<version>, --set-version=<version>: set the version for the artifact, do not use the version declared in the POM file. -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: path to the file containing the rules to apply when cleaning the POM. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules Maven rules are used here to extract the groupId, artifactId and version from the POM file. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results --skip-clean-pom: don't clean the pom, assume that a previous action ran mh_cleanpom with the correct options. mh_cleanpom is run only to extract the groupId, artifactId and version of the jar See also: mh_installpom(1), mh_installjar(1) Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)