Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CD-R burning through a cron
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CD-R burning through a cron Post 35300 by skotapal on Saturday 5th of April 2003 09:29:21 AM
Old 04-05-2003
Thanks... I had read somewhere that you need to be logged in from the terminal in order to burn a CD.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

burning Solaris 8 images

this is probably going to sound really stupid...but how do i burn the Solaris 8 images i got off of Sun's servers? i know youre supposed to burn them in Nero/EasyCD/whatever, but Nero gives me some bullshit about it being an "unrecognized format" and EasyCD wants to burn it as an audio file. do i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuji250
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burning

Hi, I've been tring to find a burning program for Solaris 7. I haven't had to much luck on this so far. What is a program I can use for burning on solaris 7? Thx in advanced. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burning Software

Hey all, No sorry I don't mean burning windows. Though it was a nice thought to think of that people :) Pat yourself on the back for thinking of burning Windows. No really though here the real question. I'm after burning software for Solaris 7 (or 8 if it has to be, perfer 7 though). I... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Burning?

Hey all, When burning using Solaris 8, the standard command would look something like this; mkisofs -r filename filename.tar | cdrw -i -O But what I want to try and do it burn over the network and was wondering if anyone has done this before. Like a tape drive backup can be run across... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Burning ISO of Solaris 9

Hello, This is my first time setting up a Unix system, and I'm very excited to do so, but I'm run into some problems from the get go! I downloaded Solaris 9 (I specifically need this version of Unix, as I'm gunning for a better position in my company), and got a bz2 compressed image. I intend... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeet23
3 Replies

6. Solaris

CD burning tool

Im looking for any GUI Based burner to work under sun solaris 10, any ideas > (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
7 Replies

7. Programming

cdrecord frontend for dvd burning

I came across a small script called pyBurn (attached) which is a frontend for cdrecord. But it only burns cd's and doesn't even recognize my dvd-burner. I'm still learning python (very early stages) so I can't do much with it... is it possible to make it burn dvd's too? (I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: el mariachi
0 Replies

8. Linux

CD Burning in Linux, GUI Software

Hi.. I just brought a CD writer. It has nero for windows bundled with it. I found nero very easy to use as well as usefull.. I then see that wht we have in linux.. I found that in my Redhat 9 i have two CD writers software but both are no where nare nero... So is there any GUI based cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Problems burning DVD-RW media

Hello, I have Solaris 10 U13 and I try to burn an ISO image. First try: # cdrw -i myfile.iso Looking for CD devices... Device not ready. Second try: # cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -v -multi -pad -data myfile.iso cdrecord: No write mode specified. cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluge
3 Replies
COMSAT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 COMSAT(8)

NAME
comsat -- biff server SYNOPSIS
comsat DESCRIPTION
The comsat utility is the server process which receives reports of incoming mail and notifies users if they have requested this service. The comsat utility receives messages on a datagram port associated with the ``biff'' service specification (see services(5) and inetd(8)). The one line messages are of the form: user@mailbox-offset[:mailbox-name] If the user specified is logged in to the system and the associated terminal has the owner execute bit turned on (by a ``biff y''), the offset is used as a seek offset into the appropriate mailbox file and the first 7 lines or 560 characters of the message are printed on the user's terminal. Lines which appear to be part of the message header other than the ``From'', ``To'', ``Date'', or ``Subject'' lines are not included in the displayed message. If the user specified is logged in to the system and the associated terminal has the group execute bit turned on (by a ``biff b''), two bell characters (ASCII 07) are printed on the user's terminal. If mailbox-name omitted, standard mailbox assumed. FILES
/var/run/utx.active to find out who is logged on and on what terminals /var/mail/user standard mailbox SEE ALSO
biff(1), inetd(8) HISTORY
The comsat utility appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
The message header filtering is prone to error. The density of the information presented is near the theoretical minimum. Users should be notified of mail which arrives on other machines than the one to which they are currently logged in. The notification should appear in a separate window so it does not mess up the screen. BSD
January 21, 2010 BSD