Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: network configuration files
Special Forums IP Networking network configuration files Post 35256 by DarkLord on Thursday 3rd of April 2003 01:51:01 PM
Old 04-03-2003
Tools

Changing nodename and hostname.le0 did it, thanks for your help. I did have to reboot, however. ifconfig plumb did not give any errors, but did not resolve the problem, either -- that's when I rebooted.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX Network Configuration

Hi, I have installed a HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/800 Server in one of the domain. And I'm also able to telnet/ping into this server from systems in the same domain. But I'm not able to telnet/ping into this server from a different domain. So, what shoud need to do to achieve this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
6 Replies

2. Solaris

network configuration

hi again... i configured my network settings sometiime ago using the sys-unconfig command.the active link was rtls0. there was some problem with the network so i changed the ISP. now when im trying to reconfigure the system wit sys-unconfig, it tries to configure the network on rtls1 (and shows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strider
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Specifying network configuration info

Can someone please point me in the correct direction of where I configure the network information on SunOS 5.8 server? (Searching SunSolve and Google have resulted in thousands of fixes for potential errors, but I can't find the general instructions, etc. for starting the process). Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Configuration Commands.....

I need to know what commands I will need to use to change a host name, IP Address, and network configurations (routerings, dns, etc) and a Unix SCO machine. Also, if there is any short tutorials on using the commands, i would defiently like that information. Thanks!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HandleX
1 Replies

5. SCO

Network Configuration

I have a SCO 5.07 Server and I am trying to get it on my network. I have edited the /etc/hosts file and /etc/rc2.d/s99route . I has connectivity on the NIC card but not sure if I am forgetting another file. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewd
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network configuration

I am using solaris 10, my internet works alright but each time i reboot i keep loosing my connection. I will have to use the ifconfig iprb0 192.168.1.xx netmask 255.255.255.0 up and Route add default 192.168.1.xxx command to gain back my internet. I know there is a better way of addressing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Network configuration

Hi I have installed Solaris 5.10 on Intel x86 machine (standalone). I want to access internet through solaris. How should I configure the network? Is static IP or DHCP advisable? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem in network configuration

Hi everybody, I have a very strange problem ; if somebody could help me it would be very kind. I'll try to explain my problem. I have 2 unix machines absolutely identical running solaris 9. For network reasons I need to change the IP address of the 2 machines. I proceed exactly the same on the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Network interface configuration

Dears, i follow this to configure Network interface for my PC O/S : Unix Sun Solaris vi /etc/hostname.bge0 and write my ip vi /etc/netmasks and write my subnetmask vi /etc/defautrouter and write my gatwey vi /etc/resolv.conf and write my DNS after i reboot My Computer ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenovaux
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Network Configuration

Hi How do I configure a network card in Solaris 10? using the command ifconfig, and also please advise me for persisting this ip address what are the files newly created and modify. I am a new baby in solaris:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinmurali
4 Replies
sys-unconfig(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  sys-unconfig(1M)

NAME
sys-unconfig - undo a system's configuration SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/sys-unconfig DESCRIPTION
The sys-unconfig command is used to restore a system's configuration to an "as-manufactured" state, ready to be reconfigured again. The system's configuration consists of hostname, Network Information Service (NIS) domain name, timezone, IP address, IP subnet mask, and root password. This operation is the inverse of those performed by the sysidnet(1M), sysidns(1M), and sysidsys(1M) programs run at boot. See sysidtool(1M). sys-unconfig does the following: o Saves current /etc/inet/hosts file information in /etc/inet/hosts.saved. o If the current /etc/vfstab file contains NFS mount entries, saves the /etc/vfstab file to /etc/vfstab.orig. o Restores the default /etc/inet/hosts file. o Removes the default hostname in /etc/hostname.interface files for all interfaces configured when this command is run. To determine which interfaces are configured, run the command 'ifconfig-a'. The /etc/hostname.interface files corresponding to all of the inter- faces listed in the resulting output, with the exception of the loopback interface (lo0), will be removed. o Removes the default domainname in /etc/defaultdomain. o Restores the timezone to PST8PDT in /etc/TIMEZONE. o Disables the Network Information Service (NIS) and Network Information Service Plus (NIS+) if either NIS or NIS+ was configured. o Removes the file /etc/inet/netmasks. o Removes the file /etc/defaultrouter. o Removes the password set for root in /etc/shadow. o Removes the file /etc/.rootkey. o Executes all system configuration applications. These applications are defined by prior executions of a sysidconfig -a application. (See sysidconfig(1M)). When sys-unconfig is run, all system configuration applications are passed one argument, -u. o Removes the file /etc/resolv.conf. o Disables LDAP by removing /var/ldap/ldap_client_cache, /var/ldap/ldap_client_file, /var/ldap/ldap_client_cred, and /var/ldap/cachemgr.log. o Regenerates keys for sshd(1M). When sys-unconfig is finished, it performs a system shutdown. sys-unconfig is a potentially dangerous utility and can only be run by the super user. FILES
/etc/default/init process control initialization /etc/defaultdomain /etc/defaultrouter /etc/hostname.interface /etc/inet/hosts host name database /etc/inet/netmasks network mask database /etc/nodename /etc/.rootkey super-user's secret key /etc/shadow shadow password file /etc/vfstab virtual file system table /var/nis/NIS_COLD_START /var/yp/binding/*/ypservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWadmap | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
init(1M), kdmconfig(1M), sshd(1M), sysidconfig(1M), sysidtool(1M), hosts(4), netmasks(4), shadow(4), attributes(5) NOTES
sys-unconfig is not available on diskless clients. SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2004 sys-unconfig(1M)