Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: downloading folders in ftp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers downloading folders in ftp Post 35253 by eloquent99 on Thursday 3rd of April 2003 12:43:36 PM
Old 04-03-2003
downloading folders in ftp

can you download folders when in ftp or is the only way to download more then one file by mget??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading whole directory with FTP

Is it possible using FTP to download a whole directory and all subdirectories at once without having to go through every single file? Thanks, Tom (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pokeyzx
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

downloading through ftp

i have been busy getting accustomed to ssh and ftp and have a remote account that I am trying to comprehend.. my question is when I use ftp, ssh and remote accounts where do I download packages to.. which directory.. i have a cooledit package that is tarred and gziped which I ncftpd from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Downloading one day old files from FTP site

HI, I'm downloading one day old files from ftp site. Below is my script ---------------------------- printf "open $HOST \n" > ftp.cmd printf "user $USER $PASSWD\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "bin\n" >> ftp.cmd #printf "cd /Models/\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "prompt\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "for oldfile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to transfer list of files to FTP server, to different folders

Hello Unix Gurus, Help required from you. My requirement is something like this I want to create a concurrenct program in Oracle Applications using shell script to transfer files from Apps Server to destination FTP server. I have created custom program, where I will extract all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazon
4 Replies

5. AIX

FTP folders from CD to AIX Box

Hi All , I would like to ftp whole folder ( which contains various sub folder and files ) from CD to AIX box. Could you please guide me how I can do this? Thanks in Advance Chandan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandancsc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - ftp downloading serveral files without mget

Hello guys, i'm searching for a solution how to download all files from root-directory of an ftp-server through an ftp proxy getting through the ftp proxy and download one file with get ist no problem, but mget * does nothing! ftp -n -i -v <<EOF open proxyHost proxyPort user... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: macProgger23
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Wget, downloading a file to a FTP

Hi there, I've got my own domain, ftp etc.. I'm using cPanel and I want to download a file periodically, every say 24 hours. I've used this command: wget -t inf http : / / www . somesite . com / webcam.jpg ftp : / / i @ MyDomain . net : Password @ ftp . MyDomain . net^no spaces... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: zYx
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading FTP Files

Hi every one, I have the requirement to download the files from FTP and move those files to unix box. Once after coping the files, i need to remove the files in FTP. I'm a newbie in Unix script. Can you please suggest a script for this.. Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Murali4u
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script to copy folders recursively

hi all I want a script that will use ftp to copy folder and sub folders from source server to current server. if i use -r switch then it just copies folders for 5 level. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP mget will only grab files not folders

Hey All, first post :rolleyes: So I am writting a script to pull down files from an ftp that will be called from a bat file on windows. This seems pretty straight forward, and grabs all of the "files" in the cd location, but I am running into some permission issue that will not allow me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpatton
1 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MGET(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-MGET(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-mget - Download Multiple ECaccess Files at once SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-mget -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-mget [-debug] [-progress] [-force] [-bufsize length] source-ecaccess-file [...] target-local-directory DESCRIPTION
Allow downloading Multiple ECaccess Files at once in the specified target-local-directory. Each source-ecaccess-file is in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. Please note this command is not recursive and will only download the plain-files in the source-ecaccess-file directory (sub-directories are ignored). ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file [...] The name(s) of the source ECaccess File(s). target-local-directory The name of the target Local Directory. OPTIONS
-progress Provide a progress meter on the standard terminal, allowing to monitor the file transmission in real-time. The progress bar is removed from the terminal when the transmission is done. This option is not supported and ignored on Windows platforms. -force Overrides the interactive mode and download each file without prompting. -bufsize length Specify the length of the buffer (in bytes) which is used to download the files. The larger the buffer the smaller the number of http/s requests. By default a buffer of 1048576 bytes(1MB) is used. -version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-mget 'home:/xyz/bin/*.bin' $HOME/bin Download the *.bin Files in the $HOME/bin directory of the user xyz. The Files are downloaded in the local $HOME/bin directory. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess- file-copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-move, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MGET(1p)