Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: develop a new kernel
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting develop a new kernel Post 35107 by bashirpopal on Thursday 27th of March 2003 11:26:04 PM
Old 03-28-2003
Hi there,
I have followed all the steps now after editing lilo.conf and running it using lilo I get this error msg:

Fatal: No images have been defined.

I did copy the bzImage to the /boot.

regards,
Bashir

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix develop environment

hi! i am Carlos i study @ UABC (Autonomy University of Baja California)... i have a final project.... i need to make a presentation of the new... unix develop environment... but... i have some problems with that.... could you tell me something to help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nx GT-R
0 Replies

2. Programming

How to Develop a 2 IPC system calls

I need to develop 2 IPC system calls. 1) The first one allows sender to send a message to set of receivers in a single call. 2) The second one allows receiver to receives all message that have been sent to it in a single call Please help me in developing this system calls ....atleast how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anki
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Develop 2 IPC System Calls

I need to develop 2 IPC system calls. 1) The first one allows sender to send a message to set of receivers in a single call. 2) The second one allows receiver to receives all message that have been sent to it in a single call Please help me in developing this system calls ....atleast how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anki
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to develop C program using UNIX command

hai friend, I am new to linux... I have to develop C program using unix command and i know the SYSTEM command.. But i need other then SYSTEM comand, plz send me the sample code.... Thank you.. sundar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundar.lsr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Develop Program with 'None Interactive Flag'

Hi I have created a program but am currently wondering how to develop it further. I wanted to know how i would go about developing the program further so that it is able to run with a "none interactive flag" enabling execution to be automated with the resultant file e-mailed to a user once a week.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: warlock129
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to develop a new application

Hi all, I am a beginner in advanced unix and just i finished my course in that so now I want to develop an application using advanced unix concepts and middleware technology, so that i can gain an initial working knowledge. Kindly give me a suggestion of what i can develop. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
5 Replies

7. Programming

Please help me to develop algorithm

Hi guys , in my study book from which I re-learn C is task to generate all possible characters combination from numbers entered by the user. I know this algorithm must use combinatorics to calculate all permutations. Problem is how to implement algortihm. // This program reads the four numbers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Develop a LINUX macro?

Hi Experts, i would like to get your help to do some development to the below linux commands which i run under .cmd file in windows @echo off call f:\linuxutils\grep.exe "T11" f:\blocked_ranges\dump3.txt|f:\linuxutils\grep.exe ",9647800"|f:\linuxutils\grep.exe... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustafa.abdulsa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I would like to have some exercises to develop my skills

Hi , I would like to do some exercises/scripts in order to develop my skills in shell scripts, can someone pass me some links/suggestions where i can find this? Thanks a lot :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - A program for non interactively registering systems to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [options] DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". It is designed to be used in a non-interactive environment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the command line or stdin. OPTIONS
--profilename Specify the profile name that should be used as an identifier for the system in Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Net- work Classic --username The username to register the system with under Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This can be an exist- ing Spacewalk, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --activationkey Specify/use a serial number to associate with the system. This is optional, but activation keys can really simplify the registration process. Learn more about activation keys in the online RHN documentation. --contactinfo This option has been deprecated. Please login to the server web user interface and update your contactinfo. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --novirtinfo Do not profile or upload any virtualization information. --norhnsd Do not start rhnsd after completion. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version of rhnreg_ks. --proxy Specify a HTTP proxy to use. --proxyUser Specify a username to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --proxyPassword Specify a password to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --sslCACert Specify a path to a SSL CA certificate to use. --serverUrl Specify a URL to as the server. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. EXAMPLES
Register a new system to Spacewalk / Red Hat Satellite / Red Hat Network Classic: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> and James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHNREG_KS(8)