Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: develop a new kernel
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting develop a new kernel Post 35038 by bashirpopal on Tuesday 25th of March 2003 11:01:00 PM
Old 03-26-2003
developing new kernel

Hi Neo,
Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated.
I started all over again and this time instead of make I used make conf but it gives me this error:
make: *** No rule to make target `config'. Stop.

Also Do I have to run all these commands from the root or I need to be in /usr/src directory? I tried both and still the error msg was the same.

regards,
Bashir

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix develop environment

hi! i am Carlos i study @ UABC (Autonomy University of Baja California)... i have a final project.... i need to make a presentation of the new... unix develop environment... but... i have some problems with that.... could you tell me something to help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nx GT-R
0 Replies

2. Programming

How to Develop a 2 IPC system calls

I need to develop 2 IPC system calls. 1) The first one allows sender to send a message to set of receivers in a single call. 2) The second one allows receiver to receives all message that have been sent to it in a single call Please help me in developing this system calls ....atleast how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anki
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Develop 2 IPC System Calls

I need to develop 2 IPC system calls. 1) The first one allows sender to send a message to set of receivers in a single call. 2) The second one allows receiver to receives all message that have been sent to it in a single call Please help me in developing this system calls ....atleast how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anki
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to develop C program using UNIX command

hai friend, I am new to linux... I have to develop C program using unix command and i know the SYSTEM command.. But i need other then SYSTEM comand, plz send me the sample code.... Thank you.. sundar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundar.lsr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Develop Program with 'None Interactive Flag'

Hi I have created a program but am currently wondering how to develop it further. I wanted to know how i would go about developing the program further so that it is able to run with a "none interactive flag" enabling execution to be automated with the resultant file e-mailed to a user once a week.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: warlock129
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to develop a new application

Hi all, I am a beginner in advanced unix and just i finished my course in that so now I want to develop an application using advanced unix concepts and middleware technology, so that i can gain an initial working knowledge. Kindly give me a suggestion of what i can develop. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
5 Replies

7. Programming

Please help me to develop algorithm

Hi guys , in my study book from which I re-learn C is task to generate all possible characters combination from numbers entered by the user. I know this algorithm must use combinatorics to calculate all permutations. Problem is how to implement algortihm. // This program reads the four numbers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Develop a LINUX macro?

Hi Experts, i would like to get your help to do some development to the below linux commands which i run under .cmd file in windows @echo off call f:\linuxutils\grep.exe "T11" f:\blocked_ranges\dump3.txt|f:\linuxutils\grep.exe ",9647800"|f:\linuxutils\grep.exe... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustafa.abdulsa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I would like to have some exercises to develop my skills

Hi , I would like to do some exercises/scripts in order to develop my skills in shell scripts, can someone pass me some links/suggestions where i can find this? Thanks a lot :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies
PAM_MAKE(8)							 Reference Manual						       PAM_MAKE(8)

NAME
pam_make - PAM module which calls make SYNOPSIS
pam_make.so [debug] [nosetuid] [make=prog] [log=file] /path/ [...] DESCRIPTION
pam_make is a PAM module that can be used to run make in a given directory. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. log=file The output of make is appended to file nosetuid Per default pam_make.so will execute make with the effective user ID of the calling process. Specifying this option means make is run with the real user ID. make=prog The command prog is used instead of make. MODULE SERVICES PROVIDED
The services auth, account, password and session are supported. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS The make command runs successfull. PAM_SERVICE_ERR No argument or a wrong number of arguments were given. PAM_SYSTEM_ERR A system error occured or the make command failed. PAM_IGNORE pam_setcred was called, which does not execute the make command. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/passwd to rebuild the NIS database after each local password change: passwd optional pam_make.so /var/yp This will execute the command: make -C /var/yp HISTORY
The first implementation of pam_make was written by Mihai Ibanescu <misa@dntis.ro>. SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(8), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_make was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@thkukuk.de>. Reference Manual 10/25/2006 PAM_MAKE(8)