Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp password issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ftp password issue Post 35006 by Henrik on Tuesday 25th of March 2003 09:55:48 AM
Old 03-25-2003
Thanks lads. It worked a treat.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp account change password

How can I change the password from an ftp user account on a ssh server? Please give me simple instructions for a users who hasn't a lot of experience. :D Just the words in form of a list thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m.seidenberg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can an FTP user change their own password?

If we set up FTP only users who can't log in with a shell (/bin/false type of shell) and set them up with a default password, like abc123 or something not secure, is there any way for the user to change their own password once they get on the system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp and user/password

I know the typical way to script automate an ftp session is to pass all of the commands to ftp, with something 'like' the following: echo USER $user echo PASS $pass My question concerns other methods or tricks people have used so that the username and ESPECIALLY the password are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeyg
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Password issue

Hi, In my HP-UX, when I used cat /etc/passwd, ferdaus:*:198:20:ferdaus,pbapp,04-2013186,:/home/ferdaus:/usr/bin/sh pbapp:*:110:20:superadmin,penang,,:/home/pbapp:/usr/bin/sh May I know why * is in password part? There is no /etc/shadow files. Can I revert back /etc/passwd to show an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldosfox
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

in ftp how to avoid username/password

hi all i am very new to unix. we had the below scenior test.bat file which contains ftp -s:logfiles.scr servername logfiles.scr contains username password cd path get file bye We had n number of batch(.bat files). which is having the same kind of scr file pointing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nh1
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote ftp login without password

HI all, I need to post some files on to a clients machine and they said we can ftp without username and password. I do the same as a command line it works ftp <hostname>. but when I do that through a script it asks for user name and pasword. Can any one help me how to do a file ftp. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umathurumella
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How: FTP in shell Script without asking password.

Hi In my shell script I am generating one text file and this text file I want to place in Mount point. THis mount point is havig access to Windows. I want to put the file in this mount point by using FTP rather normal cp or mv command from my shell script. This is in order to prevent... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to setup a password less ftp??

hi, i want to setup a password less FTP to a remote server so that i can ftp to a remote server without the password. i have setup a passwordless ssh and i am able to use scp commands to connect to the remote server without asking for the password. but when i try to ftp to the same remote... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get ftp without password

Dear Masters, I usually run bash to get file from ftp using command below (user : nobody, password : guest) #!/bin/bash cd /xx/xy/prog FILE="list_country.xls" /usr/bin/ftp -in 1.2.116.12 << END user nobody guest ascii cd /XYZ/ABC binary get $FILE quit END But in this case,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
9 Replies
syscallbypid.d(1m)						   USER COMMANDS						syscallbypid.d(1m)

NAME
syscallbypid.d - syscalls by process ID. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
syscallbypid.d DESCRIPTION
This reports the number of each type of system call made by PID. This is useful to identify which process is causing the most system calls. This is based on a script from DExplorer. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # syscallbypid.d FIELDS
PID process ID CMD process name SYSCALL system call name COUNT number of system calls made in this sample DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
syscallbypid.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
procsystime(1M), dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.00 Jun 28, 2005 syscallbypid.d(1m)