Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Error when running the make command Post 34997 by trido on Tuesday 25th of March 2003 04:30:57 AM
Old 03-25-2003
test() is not an entry point for the executable.

you must call it main() if you intend to run it as an executable. otherwise, include the header file for test (test.h) in your main program and call the function from there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9: make: Fatal error:Command failed for target

Hi everyone first of all you should know that I've been working with solaris for a few days only. :) I need to install some programs and I have had the following troubles: 1. When I used /.configure it showed the following message: "no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH" I included... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
2 Replies

2. Programming

Error when running make

Hi , I get the following error when i run the make command. cc -Aa -DUNIX -osrcmpmn srcmpmn.c crt0: ERROR couldn't open /usr/lib/dld.sl errno:000000014 *** Error exit code 14 here the file is C program which has been modified. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashidhara_01
1 Replies

3. Programming

Error while running C++ make file

The problem is that the original program was compiled using v5.0 MQ client but now we are using MQ client v5.3. Had modified the "make file" options as follows but still i could see the errors. #CLIENT_V5_LIBS = -limqb23ss -limqc23ss -lmqic -lmqmcs -lnsl -ldl CLIENT_V5.3_LIBS =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hram
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

make Fatal error: Command failed for target 'exp_inter.o'

I am trying to install Expect 5.43 on my Solaris 10 x86 PC. When I run the make file I get - Command failed for target 'exp_inter.o'. I tried to find the file (find / -name exp_inter.o -print 2>/dev/null) but could not. Where can I get this file from? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pazzy
2 Replies

5. AIX

Error running the history command

When I try to run the history command from the prompt i get the following error: $ history ksh: cd: 0403-011 The specified substitution is not valid for this command. ON running history with a parameter I get the following $ history -10 ksh: cd: 0403-008 The number of parameters... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetzap
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error while running nm command

I am running nm for a file. the command is nm -f libC.a but it gives below error nm: libC.a: 0654-203 Specify an XCOFF object module. any solution ? Please use and tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve formatting and enhance readability, thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yatrik007
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running rename command on large files and make it faster

Hi All, I have some 80,000 files in a directory which I need to rename. Below is the command which I am currently running and it seems, it is taking fore ever to run this command. This command seems too slow. Is there any way to speed up the command. I have have GNU Parallel installed on my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting syntax error while running awk command

Hello Gurus, I am firing the below command : df -g | grep -v var| awk '{ (if $4 > 90% ) print "Filesystem", $NF,"over sized";}' But I am getting the below error:- ====== syntax error The source line is 1. The error context is {if ($4 > >>> 90%) <<< awk: The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
9 Replies

9. Programming

'Make' command error in olsr

Hi guys..i'm a newbie here and i really need your help urgently..currently i want to run a 'make' command in Ubuntu..But this error occurs: gcc -Wall -Wextra -Wold-style-definition -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Waggregate-return... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naz1406
5 Replies

10. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies
DH_AUTO_TEST(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_AUTO_TEST(1)

NAME
dh_auto_test - automatically runs a package's test suites SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_test [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_test is a debhelper program that tries to automatically run a package's test suite. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a test or check target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If the test suite fails, the command will exit nonzero. If there's no test suite, it will exit zero without doing anything. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages with a test suite. If it doesn't work, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_test at all, and just run the test suite manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_test usually passes. NOTES
If the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS environment variable contains nocheck, no tests will be performed. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_AUTO_TEST(1)