Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows Buffering during playing Post 34908 by norsk hedensk on Thursday 20th of March 2003 11:30:35 PM
Old 03-21-2003
"internet radio" is really great, provided you have a broadband connection and that the server streaming the music is relativly close to you. dial up will work with internet radio, but again, you must make sure that the server is not too far from your location, and you want to select low quality streaming. generally for broadband 96kbps is plenty, and sounds great. for dial up 32kbps is good, though with a noticable lack in quality.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Question about pipes in solaris (and others) and buffering....

This is weird, so I'm hoping someone here knows solaris and how it handles pipes... OK... here goes... Theres this log file, right? I want to tail -f it, grep that, gzip that, then pipe that into more commands. Well thats easy, right? tail -f file | grep pattern | gzip | otherstuff... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sannik
1 Replies

2. Linux

Making Mozilla Playing M$ Windows Media

Please, Anybody knows how can i configure Mozilla Browser to play M$ Windows Media in Linux?? I know konqueror can be set to play *.ASF or *.ASX files with the kmplayer application. But Mozilla doesn't give me the option to choose an expecifc application to play this files. Is there any file in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dmitri-br
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl: Outputting Unix console without Buffering

Hi, I'm have a tcl application using expect. The application is connecting to a unix box and is running a script. What i need my app to do is show the output of the console as the script runs in realtime. At the moment, it my app is waiting until the script finishes and then dumps what is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phi01
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Playing with parameters

Can someone help me of doing something like this send.sh #!/bin/bash for last; do true; done echo $* | gammu sendsms TEXT $last every thing is good except that when i launch the script like this ./send.sh This is the message i want to send +63922XXXXXXX it turned out the message of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arturo322
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Discussion on buffering of standard I/O library

Hi, There are three type of buffering: Fully buffered,line buffered,and unbuffered. The goal of the buffering provided by the standard I/O library is to use the minimum number of read and write calls. I understand that decrease write() calls when use output function output data to a file ,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Edward114
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting piped input from a program that's buffering it's stdout

The old buffering problem again, in a very specific case. On FreeBSD this time, but it's the generic line-buffered vs fully-buffered problem. I'm trying to pick an available bluetooth speaker (all named audio_N), by pinging all of them en mass and taking the first to respond. The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha Nurmela
10 Replies
dialups(4)							   File Formats 							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups - list of terminal devices requiring a dial-up password SYNOPSIS
/etc/dialups DESCRIPTION
dialups is an ASCII file which contains a list of terminal devices that require a dial-up password. A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct password must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. The set of ports that require a dial-up password are listed in the dialups file. Each entry in the dialups file is a single line of the form: terminal-device where terminal-device The full path name of the terminal device that will require a dial-up password for users accessing the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The dialups file should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample dialups file. Here is a sample dialups file: /dev/term/a /dev/term/b /dev/term/c FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords SEE ALSO
d_passwd(4) SunOS 5.10 4 May 1994 dialups(4)