Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO sues IBM
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements SCO sues IBM Post 34840 by LivinFree on Friday 14th of March 2003 03:51:07 PM
Old 03-14-2003
Posted again to Slashdot this morning was a link to a straight forward analysis.

Interesting, but keep in mind where their bias lie as well.

Also, Dennis Ritchie posted some old documents detailing AT&T vs. BSDI nine years ago on his personal site.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Install SCO Openserver 6.0.0 on an IBM x3500 7977E6U

Even though IBM states that the x3500 server is Openserver 6.x compatible, it is still a bit of a trick to install SCO Openserver 6 to the machine because the standard method of installing the BTLD required to install the OS requires that the driver be written to a floppy which doesn't exist on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qkrenge
3 Replies

2. SCO

Sco 5.0.7 on ibm server, no floppy drive.

I cannot install sco on this particular ibm server because sco cannot find the raid controller and thefore the logical drive. I have a floppy disk that I use in other machines when boot: shows on the screen. I usually type restart link=ad320 and it works but this time i have no floppy drive. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iNetForce
1 Replies
MKFS.BFS(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					       MKFS.BFS(8)

NAME
mkfs.bfs - make an SCO bfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.bfs [-N nr-of-inodes] [-V volume-name] [-F fsname] device [size-in-blocks] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.bfs creates an SCO bfs file-system on a block device (usually a disk partition or a file accessed via the loop device). The size-in-blocks parameter is the desired size of the file system, in blocks. If nothing is specified, the entire partition will be used. OPTIONS
-N Specify the desired number of inodes (at most 512). If nothing is specified some default number in the range 48-512 is picked depending on the size of the partition. -V volume-label Specify the volume label. I have no idea if/where this is used. -F fsname Specify the fsname. I have no idea if/where this is used. -v Be verbose. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.bfs is 0 when all went well, and 1 when something went wrong. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8). AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.bfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Util-linux 2.9x 12 Sept 1999 MKFS.BFS(8)