Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help! Newbie in the house!!!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help! Newbie in the house!!! Post 3482 by The Nutcracker on Tuesday 3rd of July 2001 12:32:17 PM
Old 07-03-2001
when i type in the pw nothing appears and it doesn't let me enter

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic House keeping in UNIX

I have a directory called 'test' which contains many junk files. I want to automate the clean-up task by removing all files which are older than one month. What would be the best option? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

house keeping script

Hi, I am not aware whether any one has posted this early or not. I am creating a house keeping script in which I give the user two options: 1. creating a zip file. 2. removing all files given by user. Before taking any action I am asking user to enter full path of file or files to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Bhat
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX newbie NEWBIE question!

Hello everyone, Just started UNIX today! In our school we use solaris. I just want to know how do I setup Solaris 10 not the GUI one, the one where you have to type the commands like ECHO, ls, pwd, etc... I have windows xp and I also have vmware. I hope I am not missing anything! :p (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanamachi
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Apple looking to switch to using in-house ARM chips for their HW.

Hi guys and gals... Intel reportedly expects Apple to start the Mac's transition to ARM next year - 9to5Mac (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
add directory(1m)														 add directory(1m)

NAME
add directory - Adds a value to a modifiable, set-valued attribute (including application-defined attributes) of a directory SYNOPSIS
cdscp add directory directory-name attribute-name = attribute-value ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. The name of a particular attribute. Specify only one attribute at a time. See the cds_attributes file for the list of attributes that your application uses. attribute-value The value of a particular attribute. The value of an application- defined attribute is dependent on the type of attribute. See the cds_attributes file for the list of attributes and corresponding data types that your application uses. If you enter a byte data type, you must enter an even number of digits in length. You can only enter pairs of hexadecimal values for user-defined attributes. DESCRIPTION
The add directory command adds a value to a modifiable, set-valued attribute (including application-defined attributes) of a directory. If the attribute does not exist, this command creates it. Usually, this task is performed through the client application. See the DCE Admin- istration Guide for more information about attributes. Privilege Required You must have write permission to the directory. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
To add the value ontario to the attribute myname of a directory named /.:/sales, read the cds_attributes file to verify that the attribute shown in the following display exists: OID LABEL SYNTAX 1.3.22.1.3.91 myname char Enter the following command to assign the value ontario to the attribute myname: cdscp> add directory /.:/sales myname = ontario RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: remove directory(1m), show directory(1m) Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide add directory(1m)