Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: broken pipe
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers broken pipe Post 34776 by oombera on Tuesday 11th of March 2003 04:59:55 PM
Old 03-11-2003
well, "broken pipe" is a real general error just meaning that the transfer cannot be completed for one reason or another.. i'm sure there are many many reasons you might get that message.. you may want to search on this site or on google for different causes/solutions.

i'm sure others on here will list some things to try, i just don't have any suggestions myself.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

broken pipe?

Hi there, I try to use: > find * | ls but it just gave me one level of ' ls '. and it said: > find * | ls dir1 dir2 f1 f2 f3 Broken Pipe > what is broken pipe? how can i fix it? thks Gusla (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Broken Pipe

Hi I tried to open the man page of sh and piped to `pg`. Normally while reading a file page by page using `pg`, if we wanna quit at the middle of file, we give "q" near the colon mode. Ex1: $cat file1 | pg hi how r u : (page1) now press "return key", it will go to next page yes i ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Broken Pipe

Hi I tried to open the man page of sh and piped to `pg`. Normally while reading a file page by page using `pg`, if we wanna quit at the middle of file, we give "q" near the colon mode. Ex1: $cat file1 | pg hi how r u : (page1) now press "return key", it will go to next page yes i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
3 Replies

4. Linux

pipe broken

hi i have a server, and i have a web site and i installed apache in the /usr/local/apache/logs i have a file and i have this problem (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network plz help me how i can resolve this plz it's urgent th (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abir2
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

pipe broken

hi i have a server, and i have a web site and i installed apache in the /usr/local/apache/logs i have a file and i have this problem (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network plz help me how i can resolve this plz it's urgent th (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abir2
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

broken pipe

hi i am trying to upload a file using ftp protocol, i am facing some problem while uploading "Failedtoupload:SFTREGUP1:FTP_ASCII_MAILBOX21.39.10.856305000:Broken pipe" Can someone explain why it is coming , and the solution . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

broken pipe

I know what causes 'broken pipe' errors, but I can't understand why I can get it (only occasionally) with my example: ps -ef | grep "\./ans$" | grep -v grep Basically I'm searching the ps output looking for the process I'm interested in and excluding the process that is grepping for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhew
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

broken pipe error

I'm new to scripting, and this forum has been invaluable in helping me out. I'm hoping I can get some personal help now though. I have a korn script that takes a list of servers and either telnets or sshs into it (only some are set up for ssh). What I'm doing now is trying to telnet first, and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimeet
10 Replies

10. Red Hat

Broken pipe

Hi all, I am trying to run a sleep command and I am receiving a broken pipe when I execute. any help would be greatly appreciated. sleep `< /dev/urandom tr -dc 0-6 | head -c2` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
2 Replies
usb_completion_reason(9S)				    Data Structures for Drivers 				 usb_completion_reason(9S)

NAME
usb_completion_reason - USB completion reason definitions SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/usb/usba.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) DESCRIPTION
If an error occurs during execution of a USB request, the USBA framework calls a client driver's exception callback handler to relay what happened. The host controller reports transport errors to the exception callback handler through the handler's request argument's comple- tion reason (usb_cr_t) field. A completion reason of USB_CR_OK means the transfer completed with no errors detected. The usb_cr_t enumerated type contains the following definitions: USB_CR_OK The transfer completed without any errors being detected. USB_CR_CRC CRC error was detected. USB_CR_BITSTUFFING Bit stuffing violation was detected. USB_CR_DATA_TOGGLE_MM Data toggle packet identifier did not match expected value. USB_CR_STALL The device endpoint indicated that it is stalled. If autoclearing is enabled for the request (request attributes has USB_ATTRS_AUTOCLEARING set), check the callback flags (usb_cb_flags_t) in the callback handler to determine whether the stall is a functional stall (USB_CB_FUNCTIONAL_STALL) or a protocol stall (USB_CB_PROTOCOL_STALL). Please see usb_request_attributes(9S) for more information on autoclearing. USB_CR_DEV_NOT_RESP Host controller timed out while waiting for device to respond. USB_CR_PID_CHECKFAILURE Check bits on the packet identifier returned from the device were not as expected. USB_CR_UNEXP_PID Packet identifier received was not valid. USB_CR_DATA_OVERRUN Amount of data returned exceeded either the maximum packet size of the endpoint or the remaining buffer size. USB_CR_DATA_UNDERRUN Amount of data returned was not sufficient to fill the specified buffer and the USB_ATTRS_SHORT_XFER_OK attribute was not set. Please see usb_request_attributes(9S) for more information on allowance of short trans- fers. USB_CR_BUFFER_OVERRUN A device sent data faster than the system could digest it. USB_CR_BUFFER_UNDERRUN The host controller could not get data from the system fast enough to keep up with the required USB data rate. USB_CR_TIMEOUT A timeout specified in a control, bulk, or one-time interrupt request has expired. USB_CR_NOT_ACCESSED Request was not accessed nor processed by the host controller. USB_CR_NO_RESOURCES No resources were available to continue servicing a periodic interrupt or isochronous request. USB_CR_STOPPED_POLLING Servicing of the current periodic request cannot continue because polling on an interrupt-IN or isochronous-IN endpoint has stopped. USB_CR_PIPE_CLOSING Request was not started because the pipe to which it was queued was closing or closed. USB_CR_PIPE_RESET Request was not started because the pipe to which it was queued was reset. USB_CR_NOT_SUPPORTED Request or command is not supported. USB_CR_FLUSHED Request was not completed because the pipe to which it was queued went to an error state, became stalled, was reset or was closed. USB_CR_HC_HARDWARE_ERR Request could not be completed due to a general host controller hardware error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb, SUNWusbu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
usb_alloc_request(9F), usb_pipe_bulk_xfer(9F), usb_pipe_ctrl_xfer(9F), usb_pipe_intr_xfer(9F), usb_pipe_isoc_xfer(9F), usb_bulk_request(9S), usb_ctrl_request(9S), usb_intr_request(9S), usb_isoc_request(9S). SunOS 5.11 5 Jan 2004 usb_completion_reason(9S)