Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clearing of cache memory
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Clearing of cache memory Post 34746 by oombera on Sunday 9th of March 2003 10:45:30 AM
Old 03-09-2003
Not sure which browser you're using, but these may help:

http://is.asu.edu/instruction/training/clearcache.html
http://support.lexis-nexis.com/nexis..._cache&vcRef=1

All I did was search for 'internet browser clear cache' on google...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clearing Shared Memory

Hi, I have various applications on my unix server and one of them relies on a process that needs to start in order to print however the process is not starting at all. I think the problem lies in the shared memory. Does anyone have the commands to flush the shared memory and can anyone tell me if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipfaadmin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearing a defined function from memory

I guess what I mean is: is there something like unalias to clear functions defined by sourcing a script or config/alias file from memory? Is it necessary to start a new terminal session, or can it be done with a command? I tried "function somefunc {}" but bash told me it hit an "unexpected... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
0 Replies

3. Solaris

File cache portion of memory on Solaris

I'm looking to get the file cache portion of physical (real) memory on a Solaris workstation (Similar to the Cache: line in /proc/meminfo on some Linux systems): # swap -s; swap -l; vmstat 2 2; echo "::memstat" | mdb -k total: 309376k bytes allocated + 41428k reserved = 350804k used,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

High use of cache memory

Hi, I'm running a debian lenny 1GB ram, but with a high I/O. This server has 400IOPS and 3MB/s sustain. So, I noted cached memory use 800MB, buffered memory use 50MB, and no free memory is available. Questions: What does mean such a high cached memory? Who's using this cached memory? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux memory buffers & cache usage

18:45:47 # free -m total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 96679 95909 770 0 1530 19550 -/+ buffers/cache: 74828 21851 Swap: 12287 652 11635 Hi all. The below output is from a RHEL 4.5... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drummerrob
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need to release Cache memory

Right now i am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 and cache memory occupying around 1.5GB mentioned below, total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 2026 2021 5 0 161 1477 -/+ buffers/cache: 382 1644 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thakshina
4 Replies

7. Programming

Ways to preserve a memory cache

The environment is Java/Windows. The program keeps near real-time state in memory cache, which is updated by multiple sources, size of the cache is roughly 500 MB, frequency of updates is ~ 20 per second. I am looking into different ways to keep current snapshot of the memory on the disk for a)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
9 Replies

8. Solaris

clear cache memory

hi all, i have noticed that my server has 64 GB RAM and i have application in this server but the server has free memory only 15% and utilized 85% however it didn't eat from swap . does any parameter can be configured in kernel to make the system clear memory from cache like linux i found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clearing memory cache on Linux server

i wish to clear memory cache on a production box and i was wondering what is the worst that can happen if i do? i already tested this on a backup server and everything seemed fine. but i need to know from you experts what are the worst things that can happen when i run it on a real server: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

10. Programming

Memory and cache access time discrepancy

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<sys/time.h> #include<time.h> #include "rdtsc.h" #define SIZE 4*64*1024 int main() { unsigned long long a,b; int arr={0}; int i; register int r; a=rdtsc(); r=arr; b=rdtsc(); printf("1st element Access Cycles = %llu\n",b-a); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhavs1985
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)