Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO sues IBM
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements SCO sues IBM Post 34725 by norsk hedensk on Saturday 8th of March 2003 09:22:19 AM
Old 03-08-2003
SCO sues IBM

http://www.sco.com/scosource/SCOFile...gainstIBM.html

in my opinion, there is a simple solution to this, a large company, like IBM, should buy the rights from SCO, and then make their rights to UNIX freely available. could they do something likethat? could they even change the license completely? like to GPL?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Install SCO Openserver 6.0.0 on an IBM x3500 7977E6U

Even though IBM states that the x3500 server is Openserver 6.x compatible, it is still a bit of a trick to install SCO Openserver 6 to the machine because the standard method of installing the BTLD required to install the OS requires that the driver be written to a floppy which doesn't exist on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qkrenge
3 Replies

2. SCO

Sco 5.0.7 on ibm server, no floppy drive.

I cannot install sco on this particular ibm server because sco cannot find the raid controller and thefore the logical drive. I have a floppy disk that I use in other machines when boot: shows on the screen. I usually type restart link=ad320 and it works but this time i have no floppy drive. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iNetForce
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)