Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: opening floppy
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers opening floppy Post 34697 by dangral on Wednesday 5th of March 2003 12:35:17 PM
Old 03-05-2003
I dont think samba is really necessary in this situation. First of all, since it is a unix file, you might want to run the unix2dos command (check the man pages).
Also, Windows has an option to show hidden files. In my version of windows (XP), you navigate to windows explorer and click on tools--> Folder options-->view. There you can show hidden files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying to a floppy

how do i copy a file from solaris to a floppy drive. today is my first day using solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parksr
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

boot floppy

hello , i have sun sparc machine with sunos2.7 , the machine has a cdrom but no floppy drive , it is networked with windows machine , from where i can use ftp and telnet. can i use floppy drive of windows machine and create a boot image(of unix) on that drive, using ftp? thanx raju (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suse Floppy not available

HI, I installed Suse 8.1 on an Emachine with a Cyrix processor equivelent to Pentium II. The dmesg reveals that the floppy was recognised, and there is an icon on the desktop for it, but when I trey to access it, it is not available. If I access it from a terminal window, the error I get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sonshyne5
7 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Writing to a floppy

For some reason I cannot get my UNIX box on my network so I have no way of tranferring files from it or to it. Does anyone.....anyone know how I redirect my output or write to the floppy? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlrusso
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

floppy

i manage to screw up alittle i entered in /etc/fstab mount /dev/fd0 msdos /mnt/floppy 2 2 or something and now when i boot i get an error like this The following file systems had an unexpected inconsistency: msdos: /dev/fd0 (/mnt/floppy) Unknown error; Help! init: /bin/sh on /etc/rc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekizz
3 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

I cant access the floppy

I have two Digital boxs... vintage mid90's OS DEC Unix... I need to write an ASCII file to the floppy drive for transfer to a Windows box. The boxes are isolated. No email, no internet, no network... except between each other. A primary and a backup. I examined /dev and found two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChrisCram
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix to a floppy

If I need to copy files in Unix to a floppydisk so that the disk is compatible with extended FAT16 and can be read by Windows XP-Do I mount the floppy disk to use ufs? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhonda
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB Floppy

How can we install usb floppy drive in SCO 5.0.6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irshad ishaque
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Can not initialize the floppy

Hello Everyone, Has anyboby ever come across the problem when fd refuses to get initialised. I try to use mediainit command, the fd is being accessed (the fd's LIT is green for some secs) but then I get the message - "Initialize media command failed - permission denied" I checked the diskette,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andrey Malishev
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding floppy

Regarding floppy drive .. I need a command or a method by which i can detect a floppy drive is present or not ? Thanks, Priya. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
4 Replies
ewfinfo 							       LOCAL								   ewfinfo

NAME
ewfinfo -- show meta data stored in EWF files SYNOPSIS
ewfinfo [-A codepage] [-d date_format] [-ehimvV] ewf_files DESCRIPTION
ewfinfo is a utility to show meta data stored in EWF files. ewfinfo is part of the libewf package. libewf is a library to support the Expert Witness Compression Format (EWF). libewf supports both the SMART format (EWF-S01) and the EnCase format (EWF-E01). libewf currently does not support the Logical Volume format (EWF-L01). EWF-X is an expirimental format intended for testing purposes to enhance the EWF format. libewf allows you to read and write media data in the EWF for- mat. ewf_files the first or the entire set of EWF segment files The options are as follows: -A codepage the codepage of header section, options: ascii (default), windows-874, windows-1250, windows-1251, windows-1252, windows-1253, win- dows-1254, windows-1255, windows-1256, windows-1257, windows-1258 -d date_format the date format, options: ctime (default), dm (day/month), md (month/day), iso8601 -e only show EWF read error information -h shows this help -i only show EWF acquiry information -m only show EWF media information -v verbose output to stderr -V print version ENVIRONMENT
None FILES
None EXAMPLES
# ewfinfo -d dm floppy.E01 ewfinfo 20090427 (libewf 20090427, libuna 20090427, libbfio 20090426, zlib 1.2.3, libcrypto 0.9.8g, libuuid) Acquiry information Case number: 1 Description: Floppy Examiner name: John D. Evidence number: 1.1 Notes: Just a floppy in my system Acquiry date: 09/12/2006 10:00:12 System date: 09/12/2006 10:00:12 Operating system used: Linux Software version used: 20061209 Password: N/A EWF information File format: EnCase 5 Sectors per chunk: 64 Error granularity: 64 Compression type: no compression GUID: 869910fc-e143-4908-9328-afedf4a7be1e Media information Media type: removable disk Is physical: no Bytes per sector: 512 Amount of sectors: 2880 Media size: 1.4 MiB (1474560 bytes) Digest hash information MD5: ae1ce8f5ac079d3ee93f97fe3792bda3 DIAGNOSTICS
Errors, verbose and debug output are printed to stderr when verbose output -v is enabled. Verbose and debug output are only printed when enabled at compilation. BUGS
Please report bugs of any kind to <forensics@hoffmannbv.nl> or on the project website: http://libewf.sourceforge.net/ AUTHOR
These man pages were written by Kees Mastwijk. Alterations for distribution have been made by Joachim Metz. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006-2009 Kees Mastwijk, Hoffmann Investigations <forensics@hoffmannbv.nl> and contributors. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
ewfacquire(1), ewfacquirestream(1), ewfexport(1), ewfverify(1) libewf October 17, 2009 libewf