Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 8 Setup
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris 8 Setup Post 34668 by caphector on Tuesday 4th of March 2003 04:37:10 PM
Old 03-04-2003
Solaris 8 Setup

I recently picked up a Sparc Station 20, and installed a fresh copy of Solaris 8 on it.

I've been attempting to set it up so it recognizes/is recognized by the rest of my network so I can setup a PPPoE connection.

According to ifconfig -a, I've got an IP address. According to dmesg | grep le0, the interface reports "No carrier - cable disconnected or hub link disabled?"

Since I'm a Solaris newbie, I don't know where go from here. I've tried other answers posted to this forum with no result.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris UNIX Printer Setup

I have a HP laserjet 5Si MX on a Microsoft network that I need to route my print output to. I have setup a host that amounts to just the ip address of the printer, and created a printer that is connected to that host. My print is sent directly to the printer, but it is not formatted correctly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkappaz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris USR5610B Setup...

I need help with the new modem. The following has been done: Installed the modem in the 6th PCI slot Setup COM2 for: > 38400 (baud rate) > Modem - Dial out Only (template) Ran: #tip /dev/cua/b connected The console stops responding at this point. HELP! :( ////////// --... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mslightn
2 Replies

3. Solaris

modem setup solaris 10 x86

I,am trying to configure an external multitech 5656zdx modem for dial in mode on a serial port using a dell 1800 server with solaris 10 for intel as the OS. It answers only once, further attemps fail, I have to reboot system before it will work again. I also used an older model 3334zdx which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albm
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris 10 wireless network setup

I installed solaris 10 x86 on my dell laptop on a partition alongside windows xp. I am able to connect to the internet in xp with both my ethernet local area connection as well as through my wireless network card. But, however i do not have clue as to how to go about it in solaris. i did not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stakes20
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How to? Setup VPN on Solaris 9/10?

Can you use the new OpenSwan IPsec on Solaris? Or what software does Sun provide for Windows-Solaris integrated VPNs? Thanx. :D (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
0 Replies

6. Solaris

setup exceed solaris 10

Hi All, How do I setup exceed on solaris 10 either sparc or intel? When I ssh or telnet and exceed is already running? Nothing comes out when I run smc. Thanks in advance, itik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Setup HP Cp3505n printer with Solaris 10

Please someone help me to setup HP Cp3505n running with Solaris 10. Thanks so much! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Caktus
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 internet connection setup

I have a solaris 10 on my laptop. I want to let my internet work. Command: ifconfig -a Return: lo: ... e1000g0: ... I dont know what else to setup so when I open firefox, I have access to internet. Can anyone show me how to do the setting? Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbahaha
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Internet setup on Solaris 10

Hi all, I have setup Solaris 10 OS on my home Sparc (Blade 1500) box. I also setup CDE (Common Desktop Environment). The box has Network card with 6 connections available for Internet, So I hooked up a hard-wired link from my router to the first slot. The light is green on both ends. Now, how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to setup rcp in Solaris?

How to setup rcp in Solaris (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VIJAYA BABU A
4 Replies
setupcon(1)							   User Manuals 						       setupcon(1)

NAME
setupcon - sets up the font and the keyboard on Linux console SYNOPSIS
setupcon [ option ]... [ variant ... ] DESCRIPTION
setupcon is a program for fast and easy setup of the font and the keyboard on the Linux console. OPTIONS
-k, --keyboard-only Setup the keyboard only, do not setup the font. -f, --font-only Setup the font only, do not setup the keyboard. --force Do not check whether we are on the console. Notice that you can be forced to hard-reboot your computer if you run setupcon with this option and you are on a X server. -v, --verbose Be more verbose. Use this option if something goes wrong. --save If you want to use setupcon early in the boot process, it is possible that /usr is not yet mounted and the required data are not available. This option makes setupcon copy the required data in /etc/console-setup in order to make it available before /usr is mounted. If you use setupcon early in the boot process, then use this option whenever you change the console configuration. --save-only Same like --save, but do not setup the keyboard and the font. This option can be useful if you run setupcon in a X server. -h, --help Display usage information. variant Specifies which configuration file to use. By default the configuration file of setupcon is /etc/default/console-setup but if you use e.g. "chukchi" as variant then the configuration file will be /etc/default/console-setup.chukchi. This allows you to have sev- eral different configurations - for example one for the Chukchi language and another in /etc/default/console-setup for your default configuration. BASIC USAGE
Most of the time you invoke setupcon without arguments. Please look at the README file for more information. AUTHOR
Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg>, <zinoviev@debian.org> console-setup APR 2007 setupcon(1)