Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers difference between SunOS Release and Solaris Release Post 34585 by eloquent99 on Friday 28th of February 2003 09:23:40 AM
Old 02-28-2003
difference between SunOS Release and Solaris Release

Whats the difference between Solaris Relase and SunOS Release??

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference : SunOS & Solaris Version.

Sorry I think someone already pointed out this but I couldn't find it. Please tell me what is the difference between SunOS Version and Solaris Version. What is the purpose of maintaining these two things ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Functionality difference between HP-UX Release 10.20 and 11.00

Hi All, What is the difference with respect to functionality point of view, between HP-UX Release 10.20 and HP-UX Release 11.00? Does the if condition statement in the shell script behave differently in these two releases? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puspendu
3 Replies

3. Solaris

SunOS release 5.3

Hi all, I work on a Sun SPARC station model number 47 with SunOS release 5.3 I modified vfstab file, and I probably done mistake by filling it and now sun doesn't boot. See picture attached. I done a copy of the original file but as I'm not able to boot the sun, I can not replace the file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damien77
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I remove or hide SunOS version/release from remote login prompt?

For any SunOS 5.XX release, it appears prior to the "login:" prompt (as if a "uname" command is run). Would anyone know where that initial display of SunOS release comes from upon a remote login and how I can stop if from displaying? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssid61
4 Replies
ibcm(7D)							      Devices								  ibcm(7D)

NAME
ibcm - Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager DESCRIPTION
The Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager (IBCM) is a Solaris kernel misc module that adheres to the InfiniBand Architecture Specifica- tion, Volume 1: Release 1.1 for InfiniBand Communication Management Class. IBCM provides a transport layer abstraction to IB clients to set up reliable connected channels along with service, multicast, and path lookup-related functionality. IBCM implements the CM protocol as per the InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 and utilizes the InfiniBand Management Framework module for all IB management-related functionality and the InfiniBand Transport Layer (see ibtl(7D)) for all IB Verbs-related functionality. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibcm 32-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibcm 64-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibcm 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ibtl(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.10 2 Apr 2004 ibcm(7D)