Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Excessive Paging&Swapping!
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Excessive Paging&Swapping! Post 34581 by Amitstora on Friday 28th of February 2003 02:36:38 AM
Old 02-28-2003
Excessive Paging&Swapping!

Hi all!

Working on Oracle v8i/9i on Unix Sun Solaris v8.0.

I am experiencing excessive paging & Swapping.Would like to know the cause.

I guess:could be due to inappropriate setting of Unix Kernel Parameters...

Please correct me if I am wrong!

Thanks&Regards,

Amit.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paging space & monitor

Hi folks, Lately my RS 6000 server is giving some problems. Needs a reboot from time to time (4-8 days):mad: Specs: IBM/RS6000 Unix 4.3 3 gigabyte memory I keep getting messages like : " The fork function failed " I have raised the paging space from 1 gigabyte to 3 gigabyte,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erik Rooijmans
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Paging and Swapping

Hi Guys: Would like to know how to check system swapping and paging and some theory on how they function. I am an oracle dba and my environment is 8171 on AIX 433. We have a 1GB of RAM on the box and I am educating myself to see how much more SGA can be accommodated on the box and what are the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

excessive IOWAIT

i have a server constantly have high iowait, but i am not able to tell which process generate the most of io. none commands, such as iostat, sar, top will give me this kind of information. hope there is some command can help me to spot the process generate the most of io let to know input... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giantpanda77
1 Replies

4. AIX

Excessive Page INs

Gurus, What does excessive Page Ins indicate for the memory status on the machine. Or, in another form, Reardless the OS, does excessive Page INs reflects memory shortage ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Negm
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

virtual memory management, swapping paging

can anybody explain me the concepts virtual memory mangement, swapping and paging? although i roughly know what they are , i need more solid distinction between them, and also i want to figure out the relations between them? do you have any well-defined definitons for this concepts? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

6. AIX

Why using "%" of Paging size increases & how to decrease this percentage?

Hi I have found a problem on my AIX 5.1 server. day by day the paging size is increasing,what is the reason behind it and if percentage is at 100 what will happen. Oracle 9i is running on my server. PAGING SPACE size,mb 5632 % used 14.6 % free 85.3 How can i decrease the using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearsumon
6 Replies

7. AIX

Excessive interrupt disablement time

Has anyone seen this error before? On the IBM website they suggest updating to AIX 6.1.0.0 TL2, but we are already at that level. Any help or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks! />errpt -a --------------------------------------------------------------------------- LABEL: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX & DB2 paging issues

AIX & DB2 paging issues Hello I needs some help on AIX & DB2 paging issues. Recently a db2 query caused paging issues which then lead to memory problems and a server restart. Is there anyway of finding out what db2 queries were causing the problem.. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nedkao
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sol10 + OpenLDAP = excessive logging & full file system??!!

Hello all, new to this forum (member of many others). Hopefully I can find help here. SERVER: Brand new server Oracle Enterprise SPARC T4-1 Loaded Solaris SPARC 10 u10, patched to 147440-27 Loaded OpenLDAP v2.4.30 Loaded Berkley DB 4.7.25.NC Loaded OpenSSL 1.0.1c Note: All packages are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wraith_G2IC
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Monitoring Paging and Swapping

Hi all, This might sound silly but i am trying to determine if i have sufficient memory or not. My definition of sufficient memory = no swapping + no paging to physical swap file. I know i can use vmstat to monitor swapping and paging and using the SR column as well. But wouldn't it be... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
28 Replies
DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix - Convert DateTimes to/from Unix epoch seconds SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix; my $dt = DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix->parse_datetime( 1051488000 ); # 2003-04-28T00:00:00 DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix->format_datetime($dt); # 1051488000 my $formatter = DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix->new(); my $dt2 = $formatter->parse_datetime( 1051488000 ); $formatter->format_datetime($dt2); DESCRIPTION
This module can convert a DateTime object (or any object that can be converted to a DateTime object) to the number of seconds since the Unix epoch. METHODS
Most of the methods are the same as those in DateTime::Format::Epoch. The only difference is the constructor. o new() Constructor of the formatter/parser object. It has no parameters. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. AUTHOR
Eugene van der Pijll <pijll@gmx.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 Eugene van der Pijll. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
DateTime datetime@perl.org mailing list perl v5.10.1 2007-12-03 DateTime::Format::Epoch::Unix(3pm)