Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Runlevel in Freebsd?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Runlevel in Freebsd? Post 34570 by Insomniac on Thursday 27th of February 2003 08:14:48 PM
Old 02-27-2003
Question Runlevel in Freebsd?

Hello,

Is there any runlevels in freebsd?
Like in linux or solaris?

Thanks
-I

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

FreeBSD 5.2.1

I want someone tell me the positives and negatives points of FreeBSD 5.2.1, if someone help me, i thanks a lot! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: israel
4 Replies

2. Linux

runlevel from cmdline or lilo?

Hi, Is it possible to specify runlevel from bootloader command line? I would like to override settings from /etc/inittab without changing it. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: odys
2 Replies

3. Linux

Runlevel(s)

Can some exsplain to to me what runlevel 1-9 do? I need to know. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irish Jimmy
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple runlevel options at Bootup

Is it possible to give multiple runlevel options during boot up.. When the Welcome screen appears, i want to give multiple runlevel options.. So the user can boot into any desired runlevel he wants.. Found this kinda interesting.. Any hints and solutions please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikumar_cs
2 Replies

5. SuSE

New runlevel service

Ok, I am attempting to add a new program to startup during the runlevel 3. I am using Suse 10. I made a script lets call it foostart and placed it in /etc/init.d. It has 777 permissions on the script. I then created a link ln -s /etc/init.d/foostart /etc/init.d/rc3.d/S99foostart But during... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
9 Replies

6. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

7. Fedora

FreeBSD

I'm using Windows mostly and the only *nix thing I used during my life was cygwin (I like command line :)). But currently I have (by an occasion) a DVD with latest FreeBSD. I don't know why, but I want to install it... But probably, this OS is too difficult for a beginner. I heard, it's used on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeenageWerewolf
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Running a script in runlevel 1

hi all i have to run a script in run level 1 automatically i.e when i give init 1 from runlevel 3 that script should run after entering into runlevel 1. where can i put that script so that it will run as i said above..??? something similar to rc.local but this will run in runlevel 3(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagar_md
1 Replies

9. Solaris

runlevel issue

hi all i am using solaris 10 with run level 3.(Graphical Interface). I am a beginner to solaris so that i just want to do some R&D with my machine. I decided to boot into the command line interface, so i go througth the internet and find that the following command should be given to boot into the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
8 Replies

10. Programming

Problem in determining runlevel through a C program

Hi, I am trying with the following code to retrieve the runlevel of my Linux Ubuntu 8.04 system by reading the "utmp" database. But I am getting blank output. May I know what correction I should do inorder to make this program to work? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)