Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Subnetting
Special Forums IP Networking Subnetting Post 34560 by Perderabo on Thursday 27th of February 2003 03:58:00 PM
Old 02-27-2003
If I understand correctly, you are trying to split your class B into two subnets, but with one subnet being 75% of the addresses and the other subnet being 25% of the adresses. You can't do that. The subnets must be equal in size. And all subnets must use the same netmask.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Subnetting in 11 steps

As seen on Digg.com, here is my ip addressing article in full... Original Subnetting in 11 Steps article Subnetting in 11 Steps There are a few things that you will need to know first. I personally use 11 rules that I learned from Mike Vana. Below you will find the 11 rules as well as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jking2100
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Subnetting

Guys, Anyone could help me understand subnetting. I know a bit in networking but there are things that I don't get them easily. Thank You in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Subnetting

Dear friends am confused with the logic behind subnetting. i am learning from video tutorial and quite didn't get it so my question is as below After subnetting class c address by borrowing one bit from host to network , it leaves host with 7 bit and network increases bit to 25 bits . ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lobsang
9 Replies
IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)

NAME
ipsec_sameaddr, ipsec_addrcmp, ipsec_samesubnet, ipsec_addrinsubnet, ipsec_subnetinsubnet, ipsec_subnetishost, ipsec_samesaid, ipsec_sameaddrtype, ipsec_samesubnettype - do comparisons for addresses, subnets, SA IDs and address families SYNOPSIS
#include <freeswan.h> int sameaddr(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int addrcmp(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int samesubnet(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); int addrinsubnet(const ip_address *a, const ip_subnet *s); int subnetinsubnet(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); int subnetishost(const ip_subnet *s); int samesaid(const ip_said *a, const ip_said *b); int sameaddrtype(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int samesubnettype(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); DESCRIPTION
These functions do various comparisons and tests on the ip_address type and ip_subnet types. Sameaddr returns non-zero if addresses a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Addresses of different families are never identical. Addrcmp returns -1, 0, or 1 respectively if address a is less than, equal to, or greater than b. If they are not of the same address fam- ily, they are never equal; the ordering reported in this case is arbitrary (and probably not useful) but consistent. Samesubnet returns non-zero if subnets a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Subnets of different address families are never identical. Addrinsubnet returns non-zero if address a is within subnet s and 0 otherwise. An address is never within a subnet of a different address family. Subnetinsubnet returns non-zero if subnet a is a subset of subnet b and 0 otherwise. A subnet is deemed to be a subset of itself. A sub- net is never a subset of another subnet if their address families differ. Subnetishost returns non-zero if subnet s is in fact only a single host, and 0 otherwise. Samesaid returns non-zero if SA IDs a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Sameaddrtype returns non-zero if addresses a and b are of the same address family, and 0 otherwise. Samesubnettype returns non-zero if subnets a and b are of the same address family, and 0 otherwise. SEE ALSO
inet(3), ipsec_initaddr(3) HISTORY
Written for the FreeS/WAN project by Henry Spencer. 28 Nov 2000 IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)