Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sockets...
Top Forums Programming sockets... Post 3456 by vin_vinu on Monday 2nd of July 2001 09:14:49 PM
Old 07-02-2001
Bug

pipes are are the mode to share data, and they are temporary files which are created. So if you know the file name u can access it from outside the code.
Depending on the system u have to check the config to find the file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Sockets!?!?!?!?!?!

I am looking for a way to have a program listen on a port (example: 8000) for communication I will be sending via that port to it(Linux Kernel machine). Once it recieves an appropiate command I need it to run a .bat file in linux. I know what I need to do but I am running into a few problems:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigB8210
8 Replies

2. Programming

sockets

Hai, How cani declare socket and collect the data in a string varialbe. Since i am new to this i am asking this. Can we connect multiple port. Thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sockets

how do i mointor how many sockets are opened from a particular foriegn address? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirpond
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sockets in use

Is there a way to see what sockets are in use? The developers here are getting some defunct processes and they would like to get a socket list. This is on a Solaris 8 machine. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

sockets and firewall

Is it possible to trace the packages and the statuses of client's and/or server's sockets by the UNIX network administrative tools? Two applications interact via sockets. There is no problem if they stay in the same network segment. If their hosts connected through the firewall then they aren't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies

6. Programming

need help with sockets

anyone and teach me how to save standard output to a file in a client/server socket. I know how to read them to the screen but i'm not quite sure how to save them to a file. my read to screen file code: memset(line, 0x0, LINE_ARRAY_SIZE); while (recv(connectSocket, line, MAX_MSG, 0) >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crunchyuser
1 Replies

7. Programming

Sockets

Hi,i now moved into a different section where i need to use sockets. i am completely nill in sockets. can some body please provide me what are the requirements for a socket. to use sockets in c. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrUser
1 Replies

8. Programming

Help with sockets in C

if i have a server which wants to connect to exactly 5 clients, does that mean i need 5 socket file descriptors and use listen(socket_fd,1); for each one or just do listen(socket_fd,5) also whats the second parameter number mean? what happens if i put 0 there? also if i am connected... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
28 Replies

9. Red Hat

Sockets

hai guys, I'm doing a project in which one server communicates with several clients. How can i do it when i have different port numbers???:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshb6
0 Replies

10. Programming

Any example about sockets in C++?

Hi, i am student, think learning about c++, someone has a example the how establish a conection with sockets :b::b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmartinez
1 Replies
RPMLINT(1)							   User Commands							RPMLINT(1)

NAME
rpmlint - check common problems in rpm packages SYNOPSIS
rpmlint [OPTION]... [FILE|PACKAGE]... DESCRIPTION
rpmlint is a tool for checking common errors in rpm packages. It can be used to test individual packages and spec files before uploading or to check an entire distribution. By default all applicable checks are processed but specific checks can be performed by using command line parameters. FILE can be a rpm package file, a spec file, or a directory. In case of a directory, it is recursively searched for rpm and spec files to check. The special value - results in standard input being read and treated as (single) spec file content. PACKAGE is the name of an installed package or a glob(7) pattern to match installed packages, unless a file by that name exists. -i, --info Display explanations for reported messages. -I, --explain=messageid Display explanations for the specified message identifiers and exit. This option may be given multiple times. -c, --check=check Run only the specified check. This option may be given multiple times to specify multiple checks to run. check is the name of the Python module (as it would be given to Python's import statement) containing the check. -a, --all Check all installed packages. -C, --checkdir=dir Insert dir to the front of the list of paths to load checks from, unless it is already in the list. The default list of check dirs typically contains only /usr/share/rpmlint. Directories in the check dirs list are also inserted to the front of the list of paths to load Python modules from when the check process begins. -h, --help Display summary of command line options and exit. -v, --verbose Operate in verbose mode. -E, --extractdir=dir Base directory for extracted temporary files, default is what Python's tempfile.gettempdir() returns. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -n, --noexception Ignore output filters. --rawout=file Write unfiltered output to file. -f, --file=conffile Load user configuration from the specified file, default is $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/rpmlint (~/.config/rpmlint if $XDG_CONFIG_HOME is empty or not set). -o, --option=value Override a configuration option. value is a whitespace separated string, first word of which is the option name to set, and the Python eval() return value for the rest is set as the value for the option. Passing only an option name is treated as if None was passed as its value. See the file "config" shipped with rpmlint for the list of configuration options and their types. For exam- ple: -o "NetworkEnabled True" -o "Distribution 'My favorite distro'" -o "MaxLineLength 80" -o "ValidShells ('/bin/sh', '/bin/bash')" CAVEATS
All checks do not apply to all argument types. For best check coverage, run rpmlint on all source and binary packages your build produces. The set of checks rpmlint runs on source packages is a superset of the one for plain specfiles, the set of checks run for installed binary packages is a superset of the one for uninstalled binary package files, and the source and binary package check sets are quite different. FILES
/usr/share/rpmlint/config, /usr/share/rpmlint/config.* Built-in configuration. When invoked as someprefix-rpmlint, /usr/share/rpmlint/config.someprefix is used if it exists, otherwise /usr/share/rpmlint/config. /etc/rpmlint/*config System wide configuration. $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/rpmlint or ~/.config/rpmlint User configuration. EXIT CODES
0 No errors. 1 Unspecified error. 2 Interrupted. 64 One or more error message printed. 66 Badness threshold exceeded. AUTHOR
Originally written by Frederic Lepied, see the file AUTHORS for (probably incomplete) list of additional contributors. COPYRIGHT
This program is licensed under the GNU General Public License, see the file COPYING included in the distribution archive. rpmlint April 2011 RPMLINT(1)