Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Solaris OBP Question
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sun Solaris OBP Question Post 34529 by souldier on Wednesday 26th of February 2003 11:13:03 AM
Old 02-26-2003
Sun Solaris OBP Question

Hi,

Does anyone know where i can find information on openboot prompt. My machine boot up with the number 1 ok. What does that mean? Any kind of help will be nice. Thanks in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

browsing OBP device tree -- question

Does anyone know the difference between these two OBP commands? dev device-path Chooses the indicated device node, making it the current node. " device-path" select-dev Selects the specified device and make it the active node. I am a bit confused about this...Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Solaris Sun Java Desktop

Ok I a n00b, not gunna hide it so here goes - Sun Solaris, V.10 i386 - during the setup, I can choose a screen resolution that looks great with 65k colors and all. However, when all is said and done 4 disks and a reboot later, I get hanious 640x480 @ 256 only. If I choose the Sun Java Desktop... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spooky
20 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

4. Solaris

OBP on Solaris 10-intel

Hi All, How can I go to OBP on Solaris 10-intel? I tried doing ctrl+c or ctrl+break, it won't go to the "ok" prompt. Thanks in advance, itik (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to practice OBP without having sun system.

Hi all, I have installed VM (solaris 10) , but i want to practice OBP, how will i practice OBP? Is there any virtual sort of thing for pratice? ---------- Post updated at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:28 AM ---------- How will i practice Aliasing without usin OBP? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
8 Replies

7. Solaris

useful links and help resources for Sun's products and Sun's Solaris

Hi all, Those links might help anyone Knowledge base Video tutorials (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies

8. Hardware

Updating OBP on a Sun Sunfire 280R

Hi, I'm a newbie in the Unix world... :confused: I own a Sun Sunfire 280R computer with one 750Mhz CPU. I ordered two CPU of 900Mhz to replace it; however in the Service manual from Sun I read that to use 900Mhz CPU i will need to have a OBP of at least version 4.5.16. When I type .version in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monkey114
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Disks aren't showing up in Solaris/OBP

(Disclaimer: I put this in the "dummies" section because I am a UNIX noob and I'm not really sure what I'm doing so I felt like it belonged here. If it belongs in the Solaris section I can delete this and post it there:b:) I was handed over an Oracle SPARC T3-1 machine at work, with 8 physical... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
15 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)