Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering allowing others with dynamic IPs to use your email service. Post 34338 by norsk hedensk on Monday 17th of February 2003 05:32:13 PM
Old 02-17-2003
dont mention it Smilie
i forgot where i found that , i think it might have been on here. anyway it really is a great utility, and the instructions on the website are really very easy to follow. aside from making sure your email server isnt an open relay, other steps to prevent gettting spam is to just not give our your email address. i recieve minimal spam, maybe one or 2 every 3 weeks. a big thing i think is that people really dont think twice about giving out their email address. people sign up for contests to win $1000000 and dont realize that they are selling your address to ad. companies. another preventative tip is whenever you post your email on message boards, or irc channels, or on website is to NOT include the '@' sign, instead just use the word 'at' eg: nobody at example.com
also, whenever i recieve spam that i am positive i didnt give the senders my address, if i have the time ill send them a polite email requesting that they take my address of of their send list and that sometimes helps. anyway , hope all that helps!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic email attachments

Hi all, I am quite new to Unix shell scripting and I am trying to create a common function to send mail that is capable of adding multiple attachments. The script works if there is only one attachment. But when there is more than one, it just won't work. It gives a syntax message "Usage:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dongzky
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Need help in allowing symmetric cryptography[2]

I have encountered some problems in my school work. Here is the question: The server that provides the time synchronization must be configured to allow its clients to verify its authenticity using symmetric cryptography. Much Appreciated!:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonljx
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help in allowing symmetric cryptography[2]

The server that provides the time synchronization must be configured to allow its clients to verify its authenticity using symmetric cryptography. 4. Singapore Polytechnic, Dover, Singapore,Mr Kam, and Computer Engineering I don't think there is any coding since it is just configuring... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonljx
3 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

IP Tables not allowing ports

Hi guys, I'm trying to configure iptables to only allow certain ports access. I set the first set of rules to block everything and then subsequently open ports as needed, but everything still seems to be blocked. I have read that the order matters (new to iptables), perhaps this is an issue.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Allowing External Scans

Hello! I run an HP Unix system which I host oracle databases on, as well as oracle based apps used by my company. My IA department needs to scan my files to ensure I am following IA procedures and check for vulnerabilities in scripts etc. The scan is coming from corporate, and they asked for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpuxguy
2 Replies
Jifty::Plugin::User::Mixin::Model::User(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	      Jifty::Plugin::User::Mixin::Model::User(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Plugin::User::Mixin::Model::User - user model base mixin SYNOPSIS
package MyApp::Model::User; use Jifty::DBI::Schema; use MyApp::Record schema { # column definitions }; # Import columns: name, email and email_confirmed use Jifty::Plugin::User::Mixin::Model::User; DESCRIPTION
This mixin may be added to a model to give your user accounts a name and an email address. This module may be used as the basic building block for building account models in your application. It can be combined with mixins from an authentication plugin to create an object suitable for a given authentication mechanism. SCHEMA
This mixin model adds the following columns to the model. name This is the username/nickname for the user of the account. email This is the email address of the account. It is intended as a bare minimum confirmation of identity and for communication of password resets and other account information. email_confirmed This is a flag indicating whether the user has confirmed ownership of the given email address. METHODS
set_email ADDRESS Whenever a user's email is set to a new value, we need to make sure they reconfirm it. validate_email Makes sure that the email address looks like an email address and is not taken. SEE ALSO
Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password, Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password::Mixin::Model::User LICENSE
Jifty is Copyright 2005-2010 Best Practical Solutions, LLC. Jifty is distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-10 Jifty::Plugin::User::Mixin::Model::User(3pm)