Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: could some assist please
Top Forums Programming could some assist please Post 34332 by norsk hedensk on Monday 17th of February 2003 12:17:14 PM
Old 02-17-2003
the first one executes the command /bin/ls .
i have an idea what the second one does but im not really sure. they both are safe to run so if you have a working compiler you should run them to find out.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Assist

Hello all I am new and I had a question that I was hoping you could answer. I am using mutt on a directory in this directory will be pdf files named 001.pdf , 002.pdf and so on. I need a script that can read the filename and associate that with a user like so : if 001.pdf exists then email... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxguy30350
16 Replies

2. HP-UX

Assist me in doing certification please

Hi Everybody, Iam new to the unix world but interested a lot to know about unix. i want to do a certification course in unix so can anybody please suggest me what course can i do for unix adminstration and what books do i have to refer to. Thanks in Advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajazshariff
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to KSH Scripting > Please Assist!

Array Example: $ colors=RED $ colors=GREEN $ colors=BLUE (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ora_umair
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Assist

I try taip this script below...but i have got error.The error message is Input read error..Anybody can see whether my script have problem.Below this is my script: #!/bin/sh filename=test.txt vi $filename <<EndOfCommands i This file was created automatically from a shell script ^ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastercar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need of a Parsing Script Assist...

Im trying to find a script that will pull ip addresses along with the date and time sort it by ip addresses and output it to a file... As a newbie to scripting im kinda stumped here...and suggestions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jspinal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

In need of assist....

How would i take the output of a file dump it into another file while at the same time sorting it? this is my script..simple i know!? echo "Enter the file log you wish to use. : " read file awk '{print $1,$2,$4,$5}' $file >> list Im trying to dump it into that list file and sort it at... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jspinal
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

assist me in UNIX scripting

hi ... i want to monitor the httpd service whether its online or offline.. if httpd service goes offline/stopped then i need to get alert to my mail. how to do construct this script.. myself using RHEL4 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriniv666
1 Replies
smrsh(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 smrsh(1M)

NAME
smrsh - restricted shell for sendmail SYNOPSIS
smrsh -c command DESCRIPTION
The smrsh program is intended as a replacement for the sh command in the prog mailer in sendmail(1M) configuration files. The smrsh program sharply limits commands that can be run using the |program syntax of sendmail. This improves overall system security. smrsh limits the set of programs that a programmer can execute, even if sendmail runs a program without going through an alias or forward file. Briefly, smrsh limits programs to be in the directory /var/adm/sm.bin, allowing system administrators to choose the set of acceptable com- mands. It also rejects any commands with the characters: ,, <, >, |, ;, &, $, (<RETURN>), or (<NEWLINE>) on the command line to pre- vent end run attacks. Initial pathnames on programs are stripped, so forwarding to /usr/ucb/vacation, /usr/bin/vacation, /home/server/mydir/bin/vacation, and vacation all actually forward to/var/adm/sm.bin/vacation. System administrators should be conservative about populating /var/adm/sm.bin. Reasonable additions are utilities such as vacation(1) and procmail. Never include any shell or shell-like program (for example, perl) in the sm.bin directory. This does not restrict the use of shell or perl scrips in the sm.bin directory (using the #! syntax); it simply disallows the execution of arbitrary programs. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c command Where command is a valid command, executes command. FILES
/var/adm/sm.bin directory for restricted programs ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr, SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), , attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 1998 smrsh(1M)