Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl: random select
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: random select Post 34308 by cbkihong on Saturday 15th of February 2003 08:33:17 AM
Old 02-15-2003
Possibly there are more efficient ways of doing it, but ...

PHP Code:
@names = ('A''B''C''D');
$counter 0;
while (
$counter 2) {

my $subscript rand(@names)+1;
    if (
defined $names[$subscript]) {

push @name1$names[$subscript];

$names[$subscript] = undef;

$counter++;
    }
}

for (@
names) {

push @name2$_ if defined;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate random number in perl

Could any one tell how can I generate random number from (0, 100..200) in perl? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zx1106
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random Numbers - Perl

Hi Guys I have a script to find Ranomd numbers. But I want to make the file to produce more random. Could u guys help me plz. In this Script I have the code that generates random in for loop and the range I have specified in my %chromlength input and out put will be like this chrno start end... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

random select text file ranamed

i want to need script.. source.txt /home/user1/public_html/test3 /home/user90/public_html/test9 . . . /home/user650/public_html/test000 read source.txt and cd /home/user**/public_html/*** and there is 1.txt, 2txt ~~25.txt and select 6 text files randomly among the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Extract random record which has 4 lines each

Hi, I have a data file with millions of record (N). Each record was saved in 4 lines. So there are total of NX4 lines in the data file. For Example: Host1 a b c d Host2 e f g h Host3 i j k (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl DBI: populate a scalar from a select statement

hi every resource i see regarding DBI refers to retrieving data from a database into and array or a hash, but i havent seen anything on how to pull out a single value to a scalar in my database i have a field called "forcewrite" with a value of "6". I am trying to connect to the database,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random XML Parsing - using Perl

Given the XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <reference> <refbody> <section> <p> <ul> <li><xref href="file1.dita#anchor" /></li> <li><xref href="file2.dita#anchor" /></li> </ul> </p> </section> <section> <p> <xref href="file3.dita#anchor" /> </p> <p> <xref... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricksj
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select the rows from oracle table using perl?

Hi, I am connecting to oracle database using perl. I am able to connect but i am not able to get all the rows from the table. Here is the code. #!/usr/bin/perl use DBI; my $dbh=DBI->connect("DBI:Oracle:student","class","welcome") or die "Couldnot connect oracle Database";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in executing select query from perl script

Hi, I have a perl snippet that call a select query with a bind variable,when i compile the script I'm unable to get the query output. The same query when i fire in sqlplus fetches few rows. The query takes bit time to fetch results in sqlplus. my $getaccts = $lda->prepare("select distinct ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to generate a file with random data. /dev/[u]random doesn't exist.

Need to use dd to generate a large file from a sample file of random data. This is because I don't have /dev/urandom. I create a named pipe then: dd if=mynamed.fifo do=myfile.fifo bs=1024 count=1024 but when I cat a file to the fifo that's 1024 random bytes: cat randomfile.txt >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl inserting random negative integer

Hi All, i have problem here whenever i run this perl script that is pasted here, it inserts a negative number in place of PO_nbr . What the script does is reads a pipe delimited file and then using some values on the file it will query db to get few other values and then it inserts the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
4 Replies
WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	    WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random - Randomly fill out a HTML form field SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller; use WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random; my $f = WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller->new(); # Create a random value for the HTML field "login" my $login = WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random->new( login => "root","administrator","corion" ); $f->add_value( login => $login ); # Alternatively take the following shorthand, which adds the # field to the list as well : # If there is no password, put a random one out of the list there my $password = $f->add_filler( password => Random => "foo","bar","baz" ); DESCRIPTION
This class provides a way to write a randomly chosen value into a HTML field. new NAME, LIST Creates a new value which will correspond to the HTML field "NAME". The "LIST" is a list of items one of which will be returned for each call to "value()". There is no persistence of these values. For items that can only take a finite set of elements, a random element out of that list is taken by default. name [NEWNAME] Gets and sets the name of the HTML field this value corresponds to. value FIELD Returns the value to put into the HTML field. EXPORT None by default. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Copyright (C) 2002,2003 Max Maischein AUTHOR
Max Maischein, <corion@cpan.org> Please contact me if you find bugs or otherwise improve the module. More tests are also very welcome ! SEE ALSO
WWW::Mechanize, WWW::Mechanize::Shell, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Value, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Default, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Fixed, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Interactive perl v5.10.1 2009-04-24 WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random(3pm)