Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: oops on mount
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users oops on mount Post 34301 by LivinFree on Friday 14th of February 2003 03:44:01 PM
Old 02-14-2003
Poke around Google a bit - a few months ago there was a bug that caused this type of error, although it was with an older kernel than the one you're using.

Until then - don't mount your CDROM. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

oops! Style Manager

Solaris 2.6, using CDE: agh. I accidentally set an ugly palette as my Home Session. The problem is, when I change the palette back to Default, I am informed that my change will be apparent in my next session. But when I log out and in, it's still the Ugly Palette. Doesn't matter if I set the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristy
1 Replies

3. Solaris

oops...accidentally overwrote postfix aliases file

I have directory/dns server running sparc solaris 9. while troubleshooting another issue, i overwrote the aliases file on accident. my question is: is there any way to revert this? any help super appreciated...especially since this a production box! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JeepResQ
2 Replies

4. Programming

Oops

Hi All, Can any one please differenciate between the Data Abstraction and Encapsulation? If possible, with code. Thanks in Advance, Naga:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp

I've been tearing my hair out over this: vsftp does not work on any of my RedHat Server 5.x systems - I keep getting a variation on 500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp or 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:nobody (different errors on different systems). I spent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod 777 * - oops

I can belive I really did this... chmod 777 /home :eek: I have my /home directory synced to another machine. Can anyone tell me how to get the permissions from back up server /home to production server /home It's important that I dont over write the files on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shunter63
1 Replies

7. Linux

500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp

I've been fighting this for about a year: vsftp does not work on any of my RedHat Server 5.x systems - I keep getting a variation on 500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp or 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:nobody (different errors on different systems). I spent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount -t cifs permission denied by mount -t smbfs works fine

I am having trouble mounting with cifs, but mounting the exact same command with smbfs works fine. The share is on another samba server and is set to full public guest access. # mount -t cifs //servername/sharename /mnt/temp -o password="" mount error 13 = Permission denied Refer to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
3 Replies

9. Programming

Problem about Kernel oops

hello,everyone,I'm reading LDD3.Topics about oops,it said the code bellow would cause a fault condition because "this method copies a string to a local variable,unfortunately,the string is longer than the destination array".Well,hard to understand....Is that right?I thought the fault should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: homeboy
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Renamed Volume Group name on Webmin while running samba server (oops)

Hi...I'm new to Linux and was working on a home server. I have it operational with Samba Share as my NAS system. Unfortunately, while I was on Webmin I changed the Logical Volume Group Name and now I can't find the data I had saved on my Samba Server. Can anyone help me recover those files? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pangil
0 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)