Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming POSIX Message Queue - Settings Post 34151 by Deepa on Friday 7th of February 2003 09:13:57 AM
Old 02-07-2003
POSIX Message Queue - Settings

How can I increase the POSIX Msg Q parameter SC_MQ_PRIO_MAX? The maximum is defined as 32. Can I increase the number? If so, how?

Deepa

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

a message queue question..

Hi there: Thanks first. When I use a message queue amony severl processes, will I have to synchronize the queue? I don't think I would have to because a message queue is implemented in a link listed. Correct me If I am wrong... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanhu
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

posix ipc message queue

Hello, My question is related to "pipcs -qa" command under HP-UX 11i PA-RISC 64 bits. We have a little C program that creates posix ipc message queues using the mq_open() system function. The program fail with 'No space left on device' error when we create big queues. What is the system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadanir
6 Replies

3. Programming

message queue

Hello, i need to write a message queue "chat server", that should work only localy. Can anyone please help me with some ideas and peshaps code. I'm studying the UNIX IPC mechanisms right now. So far, i understand how it works but i still cannot get an idea how to write a chat programm... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: etenv
2 Replies

4. Linux

POSIX message queue size

Hi all, Please tell me how to change POSIX message queue maximum size? "ulimit" is not a solution because it controls shell resources. But i need to control queue size before login in and starting the shell. It is needed to limit queue size for applications started before login in. Sorry for my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vourhey
7 Replies

5. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

6. Programming

UNIX Message Queue

Hello !!!!! I have a simple question but i can't find the answer anywhere hope to meet it here. Why it is a bad idea to pass pointers through message queues ? Most structs i see all of their char types are arrays... Is it becase having pointers means we could possibily send wrong bytes ? For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qlyine
2 Replies

7. Programming

POSIX mq_receive issue: Message too long

Hello, I am trying to implement posix message queue application. I am faced with an error on the mq_receive section. It says "Message too long". I've tried couple of small tweeks, but to no result. Please do suggest any rectificaitons. mq_send section-works successfully #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katwalatapan
2 Replies

8. Programming

Please help:program hang stuck there signal handling on POSIX Message Queue UNIX C programming

in a single main() function,so need signal handling. Use Posix Message Queue IPC mechanism , can ignore the priority and other linked list message,to implement the scenario: client:Knock Knock server:who's there client: Eric Server:Eric,Welcome. client:exit all process terminated ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

9. Programming

POSIX Message Queue Memory Allocation

Hi, I wanted to know whether the POSIX message queues are statically allocated memory by the kernel based on the parameters specified in the open or as and when we send messages, memory are allocated? Does the kernel reserve the specified memory for the message queue irrespective of whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumtata
1 Replies

10. Programming

POSIX message queue mq_open directory

hello, I try to test the POSIX mq_open function on book unp like below: #include "unpipc.h" # include <mqueue.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { int c, flags; mqd_t mqd; flags = O_RDWR | O_CREAT; while ((c = getopt(argc, argv, "e")) != -1) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anpufeng
3 Replies
set_volume_per_voice(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				     set_volume_per_voice(3alleg4)

NAME
set_volume_per_voice - Sets the volume of a voice. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> void set_volume_per_voice(int scale); DESCRIPTION
By default, Allegro will play a centered sample at half volume on both the left and right channel. A sample panned to the far right or left will be played at maximum volume on that channel only. This is done so you can play a single panned sample without distortion. If you play multiple samples at full volume, the mixing process can result in clipping, a noticeable form of distortion. The more samples, the more likely clipping is to occur, and the more clipping, the worse the output will sound. If clipping is a problem - or if the output is too quiet - this function can be used to adjust the volume of each voice. You should first check that your speakers are at a reasonable volume, Allegro's global volume is at maximum (see set_volume() below), and any other mixers such as the Windows Volume Control are set reasonably. Once you are sure that Allegro's output level is unsuitable for your application, use this function to adjust it. Each time you increase the parameter by one, the volume of each voice will halve. For example, if you pass 4, you can play up to 16 centred samples at maximum volume without distortion. If you pass 0 to this function, each centred sample will play at the maximum volume possible without distortion, as will all samples played through a mono driver. Samples at the extreme left and right will distort if played at full volume. If you wish to play panned samples at full volume without distortion, you should pass 1 to this function. Note: this is different from the function's behaviour in WIPs 3.9.34, 3.9.35 and 3.9.36. If you used this function under one of these WIPs, you will have to increase your parameter by one to get the same vol- ume. Note: The default behaviour has changed as of Allegro 4.1.15. If you would like the behaviour of earlier versions of Allegro, pass -1 to this function. Allegro will choose a value dependent on the number of voices, so that if you reserve n voices, you can play up to n/2 nor- malised samples with centre panning without risking distortion. The exception is when you have fewer than 8 voices, where the volume remains the same as for 8 voices. Here are the values, dependent on the number of voices: 1-8 voices - set_volume_per_voice(2) 16 voices - set_volume_per_voice(3) 32 voices - set_volume_per_voice(4) 64 voices - set_volume_per_voice(5) Of course this function does not override the volume you specify with play_sample() or voice_set_volume(). It simply alters the overall output of the program. If you play samples at lower volumes, or if they are not normalised, then you can play more of them without distor- tion. It is recommended that you hard-code the parameter into your program, rather than offering it to the user. The user can alter the volume with the configuration file instead, or you can provide for this with set_volume(). To restore volume per voice to its default behaviour, pass 1. SEE ALSO
reserve_voices(3alleg4), set_volume(3alleg4), install_sound(3alleg4), detect_digi_driver(3alleg4), detect_midi_driver(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 set_volume_per_voice(3alleg4)