Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Swap Optimizing examples (Example for Os X.2 jAGUAR-FreeBsd) Post 34099 by Hoozone on Tuesday 4th of February 2003 07:34:43 AM
Old 02-04-2003
Ok Neo

That's your minds..

No Prob =)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for .profile examples

I'm looking for some 'well documented' .profile examples (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimC
8 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Apple OS X (10.2) Jaguar and the Rendezvous Protocol

Apple launches new software I'm about to change over my desktop office environment to Apple!!! This is getting very interesting. Congratulations to Apple!!!! We Love Ya!!!! PS: PLEASE LOWER YOUR PRICES ON SOFTWARE AND WE WILL LOVE YOU MUCH MORE :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need examples?

Can someone give me an example of two shells? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Swap config - Mirror swap or not?

Hello and thanks in advance. I have a Sun box with raid 1 on the O/S disks using solaris svm. I want to unmirror my swap partition, and add the slice on the second disk as an additional swap device. This would give me twice as much swap space. I have been warned not to do this by some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SimpleAWK Examples

Can Anyone please give me some simple AWK Examples to clearly understand the usage and syntax of the command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
2 Replies

6. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Swap device file and swap sapce

Hi I have an integrity machine rx7620 and rx8640 running hp-ux 11.31. I'm planning to fine tune the system: - I would like to know when does the memory swap space spill over to the device swap space? - And how much % of memory swap utilization should be specified (swap space device... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lwp-request examples

Hi; Can i have ne sample examples of of using " lwp-request" in shell script. Is it necessary to have perl installed already in linux box for using this; Thnks; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need lot of examples

Hi, I need a word doc or pdf which contains lots of Shell Programming samples... This is for my open book examination, thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Explain the output of swap -s and swap -l

Hi Solaris Folks :), I need to calculate the swap usage on solaris server, please let me understand the output of below swap -s and swap -l commands. $swap -s total: 1774912k bytes allocated + 240616k reserved = 2015528k used, 14542512k available $swap -l swapfile dev swaplo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
6 Replies
AMIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   AMIN(1)

NAME
amin - notify writers that you are busy SYNOPSIS
amin [-ynesp] command [args...] DESCRIPTION
Amin is used when you don't want to be written while running a command. It runs the command given normally. If your message permissions (see mesg(1)) are off, it does nothing much else. If your messages are on, people writing you with write(1) will be warned that you are running that command and will be given the opportunity to change their minds about writing you. The -n option may be used to turn your messages entirely off for the duration of the execution of command. People writing you will get "Permission denied". The -y option turns your message permissions on for the duration of the execution of the command. The -e may be used after either -n or -y to indicate that the logins listed in the .yeswrite or the .nowrite files respectively are exceptions to the message permissions set. The default is -s which leaves your message permissions in their original state. In any case, after the command is com- plete, your permissions will be restored to the original state. The -p flag causes all telegrams sent to you while the command is running to be saved. They are displayed as soon as the command is com- plete. If used with the -n flag, writes are refused, but telegrams are still saved. If you have designated yourself as a helper, you will still be marked on the finger(1) output as a helper while you are running amin but people doing ``write help'' will not be connected to you, even if you have the helper flag set to ``Y''. AUTHOR
Jan Wolter FILES
/etc/wrttmp to find message permissions /etc/utmp to find user SEE ALSO
mesg(1), finger(1), write(1), huh(1). 7th Edition July 1, 1991 AMIN(1)