Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scripts for dummies
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers scripts for dummies Post 3398 by eeldivady on Saturday 30th of June 2001 11:13:10 AM
Old 06-30-2001
i got it to work when doing sh myscript
but i canīt get it to work by just typing myscript
i changed it to executable by chmod o+x myscript, but when i type myscript after that then it says permission denied. i donīt know why when this is my login name and all iīm using.

then i tried to put it in the path but when i did echo $PATH i get

/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games:
/usr/bin/X11:/usr/openwin/bin:.

iīm not sure where the script dir is. help?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unix for Dummies FAQ

I have created a small FAQ for the "Unix for Dummies" forum. Hopefully this will be useful, as there are questions which are asked (and answered) repeatedly. <A HREF="http://www.droflet.net/unix_dot_com_faq.html">http://www.droflet.net/unix_dot_com_faq.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PxT
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl for Dummies

Hi all. iam new to this and i want to learn perl Any good website out there ?? anything will do thanks :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

UNIX for Dummies Test

A goofy UNIX test: http://www.majon.com/cgi-bin/IQ?Q=unix WARNING: ANSWERS ARE BELOW!!!! IF YOU WANT TO DO THE TEST BEFORE SEEING THE ANSWERS, DON"T READ FURTHER ;) (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
13 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris for dummies

Is there one command that will display all system information on a Solaris host running Solaris 8? System information such as model, memory, CPU, disk space etc. etc. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mita
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am real Dummies , I am Questions

I want to know data about 1. Overview 2. Process Management 3. Memory Management 4. File System Management 5. Secondary Storage Management 6. Protection and Security Systems of UNIX OS Thank Alot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolmara04
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dummies question

Please help to answer some highlighted question below. 1. How to create more than 1 partition in a single hard disk? 2. How to format the created partition to be viewable like in windows C: or D: ? 3. How to use pen drive in unix environment? 4. How to find a file starting with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyysk
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I know this is probably top of the Dummies questions!

Hello: I am a very new Newbie. This is not a homework question. The assignment question was actually on the use of the 2 different inputs 'read' and 'cat' ... that I know and turned in an hour ago. I don't need help with that. My question, like I said, probably sounds really dumb to most of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZaraJC
4 Replies

8. Programming

C++ for dummies: how to compile a code.

Hi. I wrote a small programm which shows me display's refresh rate #include "stdafx.h" #include "windows.h" #include "iostream" using namespace std; int _tmain(int cout) { HDC hDCScreen = GetDC(NULL); int RefreshFrequency = GetDeviceCaps(hDCScreen, VREFRESH); ReleaseDC(NULL, hDCScreen);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--password=password] [--exec=script] [--execfile=file] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -p password, --password=password The password to use when authenticating to server. Note that this parameter can be seen in the process list. Use with caution! -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. -f file, --execfile=file Instead of working interactively, run commands from file file and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.14.2 2014-06-03 SIEVESHELL(1)