Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cannot create executables
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cannot create executables Post 33910 by stufine on Thursday 23rd of January 2003 03:02:09 PM
Old 01-23-2003
AHHH!!!

Thanks RTM you saved me once again!!!!

I installed that file and everything works great so far!!!!

./configure worked!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

executables ending with *

Hi All, I m very new to unix. I have a basic doubt .. In unix I m seeing that there is a * at the end of by executable name (exe1*).. Wht is the significance of that Thanks a lot in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binums
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding shell scripts to executables

Hi, I have written a shell script for automating some of our repetitive activities. I want all my colleagues to use my script and do the activities automatically by just running the script. But I do not want them to see the code. Is there a way we can generate something like an executable... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokachari
16 Replies

3. HP-UX

gcc error..compiler cannot create executables

Hi I have locally compiled and installed gcc-4.1.2 in directory /usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc I want to compile beecrypt using this new compiler , So i have done setenv CC usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc ( Note this configuration is running properly with older version of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

4. Programming

Compare two executables

Hi - I have two complex (for me at least) make files. The older one creates a succesful executable. The later one uses if statements to conditionally make different versions of the executable. The 2nd produces an executable that fails. I have "eyeballed" the differences in the Make files and run... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrighterLater
18 Replies

5. Solaris

C compiler cannot create executables

Hi, I'm trying to compile Apache2.2 (I know it is available as a package) on a fresh install of Solaris Express 11. I've installed gcc-3 and gnu-bintutils via pkg. The config.log is attached (as config.txt). I don't see what I'm missing. Thanks, Doug (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Doug_M
1 Replies

6. Linux

Fortran Compiler cannot create executables

Hello everyone, I am trying to re-install quantum espresso-4.3 on the University's LINUX interface (because of a recent crash and I lost most of my files). when I " ./configure ", It is giving an error stating that : checking building system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu checking... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physicslad78
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for executables

Hello Unix users, this is my first post here. :) I want to search a directory (and subdirectories) for executable files (files with rwx------ permission) and move them to a different folder. What Unix commands can accomplish this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagan_Radiation
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile with multiple executables

CROSS_COMPILE?= LIBDIR_APP_LOADER?=../../../../app_loader/lib INCDIR_APP_LOADER?=../../../../app_loader/include BINDIR?=../../bin CFLAGS+= -Wall -I$(INCDIR_APP_LOADER) -D__DEBUG -O2 -mtune=cortex-a8 -march=armv7-a -std=gnu99 LDFLAGS+=-L$(LIBDIR_APP_LOADER) -lprussdrv -lpthread OBJDIR=obj... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpetersen
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting with executables

Hi everyone, I am working with an executable (let's say work) in bash shell. When I run this work executable it asks the following information; 1- choose task a or b 2- input file 3- output file 4- some operational choices after it reads the given input file, does some algebraic... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
17 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Gcc cannot create executables

https://www.unix.com/302461112-post1.html Thank you. It's still in Linux Mint 17 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies
curl-config(1)							curl-config manual						    curl-config(1)

NAME
curl-config - Get information about a libcurl installation SYNOPSIS
curl-config [options] DESCRIPTION
curl-config displays information about the curl and libcurl installation. OPTIONS
--ca Displays the built-in path to the CA cert bundle this libcurl uses. --cc Displays the compiler used to build libcurl. --cflags Set of compiler options (CFLAGS) to use when compiling files that use libcurl. Currently that is only the include path to the curl include files. --checkfor [version] Specify the oldest possible libcurl version string you want, and this script will return 0 if the current installation is new enough or it returns 1 and outputs a text saying that the current version is not new enough. (Added in 7.15.4) --configure Displays the arguments given to configure when building curl. --feature Lists what particular main features the installed libcurl was built with. At the time of writing, this list may include SSL, KRB4 or IPv6. Do not assume any particular order. The keywords will be separated by newlines. There may be none, one, or several keywords in the list. --help Displays the available options. --libs Shows the complete set of libs and other linker options you will need in order to link your application with libcurl. --prefix This is the prefix used when libcurl was installed. Libcurl is then installed in $prefix/lib and its header files are installed in $prefix/include and so on. The prefix is set with "configure --prefix". --protocols Lists what particular protocols the installed libcurl was built to support. At the time of writing, this list may include HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, FILE, TELNET, LDAP, DICT. Do not assume any particular order. The protocols will be listed using uppercase and are separated by newlines. There may be none, one, or several protocols in the list. (Added in 7.13.0) --static-libs Shows the complete set of libs and other linker options you will need in order to link your application with libcurl statically. (Added in 7.17.1) --version Outputs version information about the installed libcurl. --vernum Outputs version information about the installed libcurl, in numerical mode. This outputs the version number, in hexadecimal, with 8 bits for each part; major, minor, patch. So that libcurl 7.7.4 would appear as 070704 and libcurl 12.13.14 would appear as 0c0d0e... Note that the initial zero might be omitted. (This option was broken in the 7.15.0 release.) EXAMPLES
What linker options do I need when I link with libcurl? $ curl-config --libs What compiler options do I need when I compile using libcurl functions? $ curl-config --cflags How do I know if libcurl was built with SSL support? $ curl-config --feature | grep SSL What's the installed libcurl version? $ curl-config --version How do I build a single file with a one-line command? $ `curl-config --cc --cflags` -o example example.c `curl-config --libs` SEE ALSO
curl(1) Curl 7.17.1 25 Oct 2007 curl-config(1)